Premed 101 Forums

Email Address they use

Guest ShelbySham

Guest ShelbySham

Hey guys,

Im so glad i discovered this forum because its keeping my nerves calm...well sorta...

I gotta question about the email address Ottawa uses to send out you first acceptance...

My understanding is that the onlyaddress U of O has is the one you provided to OMSAS

My Question is this:

the first part of my email address if jki1@xxx....using times new roman font, the 1 (its a number one) looks like a lowercase L..

i know i entered my email address correctly because i got a confirmation email from OMSAS...but do you think Ottawa electronically downloads all applicant info from OMSAS or do you think that someone at the admissions manually enters the applicant info?

im just worried that maybe my email address will not be the correct one on Ottawa's file....if they did the former, then i dont need to worry...but if they did the latter (manually entering my data), perhaps they might have mistaken the "1" for a lowercase "L".........do you think I should call them and ask about it, or just forget about it since they might think Im suffering from a 'bout of psychosis?

thanks!!

Guest MayFlower1

Shelbysham,

I wouldn't worry about it too much...if you got a confirmation from OMSAS via email I'm sure they have it entered correctly. Also, in the event they don't have your correct email address, you would still get a letter...express post if you're getting a first-round offer or regular mail if you are on the waitlist...

Peter

Guest Namgalsip

Hey ShelbySham,

If your account is a hotmail/yahoo or one of those other freebies, you can always open another account with the "l" instead of a 1 (assuming it's not taken). That way you can check both on D-day.

Hope this helps,

Nams

Archived