Premed 101 Forums

Test center rules

numero0121407

Hey guys,

I was wondering about the rules regarding the MCAT test centers. What was the procedure for you guys?

The test center where I wrote my MCAT, the lady asked me to search my religious head scarf and I felt a little uneasy that I was at an extra inconvenience that others didn't have to go through...she also searched my little ear plugs (by squishing them with her fingers :confused: ) and I was really shocked, because that is not only gross, but its so strange?! What can you possibly hide in those ear plugs?

I went to the washroom in the first break to wash my face, and in my second break, I went again but she followed me, and asked me to leave the washroom stall and go back to the room because I was not allowed to go to the washroom in that break....is that right?

I was already nervous and didn't need that treatment....I wonder if this is the standard procedure?

Hey guys,

I was wondering about the rules regarding the MCAT test centers. What was the procedure for you guys?

The test center where I wrote my MCAT, the lady asked me to search my religious head scarf and I felt a little uneasy that I was at an extra inconvenience that others didn't have to go through...she also searched my little ear plugs (by squishing them with her fingers :confused: ) and I was really shocked, because that is not only gross, but its so strange?! What can you possibly hide in those ear plugs?

I went to the washroom in the first break to wash my face, and in my second break, I went again but she followed me, and asked me to leave the washroom stall and go back to the room because I was not allowed to go to the washroom in that break....is that right?

I was already nervous and didn't need that treatment....I wonder if this is the standard procedure?

That sounds bizarre. The earplug thing is pretty standard I think, they did that at my centre too. But we were allowed to freely go to the washroom as we pleased.

Hey guys,

I can understand the headscarf and ear plugs but the wr breaks sounds sketchy. If i have to pee i will pee.

Make sure you send the aamc a complaint! Its required by them to search your head scarf and your ear plugs... so don't include that. But def complain about the washroom incident.

I would agree - I afraid in the past there have been cases of transmitters stored in shall we say interesting places so they have to be careful, but there is always a difference between being careful and being disrespectful of the test takers.

Archived