Premed 101 Forums

Waterloo grading scheme

So I've got a bit of a dilemma. At York 75% = B+. At Waterloo 75% = B. At York, they only give letter grades. At Waterloo, they give percent.

I'm trying to transfer over a grade from York (yes, it's one of those B+s... gah) to Waterloo. So, is my B+ at York = B at Waterloo if I'm on the border (or at 75% = I don't know my grade in percent which makes it difficult to determine)? Thanks. Haha

So I've got a bit of a dilemma. At York 75% = B+. At Waterloo 75% = B. At York, they only give letter grades. At Waterloo, they give percent.

I'm trying to transfer over a grade from York (yes, it's one of those B+s... gah) to Waterloo. So, is my B+ at York = B at Waterloo if I'm on the border (or at 75% = I don't know my grade in percent which makes it difficult to determine)? Thanks. Haha

why are you trying to transfer over the grade? Does that really matter for something?

On your transcript is it listed in percent or letters? I transfered courses from Windsor to UWO and they just took exactly what was on the transcript. Some of my A's at Windsor would be A+'s at UWO, but my transcript listed them as A's so they had to stay.

Thanks for that. So I guess it would stay at a B+. As long as it doesn't go down to a B. lol.

why are you trying to transfer over the grade? Does that really matter for something?

Yeah. It's an important course to be transferred.

Thanks for that. So I guess it would stay at a B+. As long as it doesn't go down to a B. lol.

Yeah. It's an important course to be transferred.

So they not only transfer the courses, they transfer the grade too? Interesting! I've never heard of that before. All my my transfer credits at U of A (and there are quite a number) are just accepted as credits - the marks aren't recorded at all, since those are clear on my original transcripts from Guelph.

Interesting how every school has a different way of doing things!

So they not only transfer the courses, they transfer the grade too? Interesting! I've never heard of that before. All my my transfer credits at U of A (and there are quite a number) are just accepted as credits - the marks aren't recorded at all, since those are clear on my original transcripts from Guelph.

It's being counted for a certificate. As far as I know, they're transferring the grade, not just the credit. It's kind of difficult to explain, because my situation is a special case. lol. I guess it would be different for another student.

Either way, if I take a grad course at another university, it will also be transferred over to Waterloo. Whether in letter marks or just the credit... I have no clue. I'm yet to find out.

yeah that was exactly what I was asking - in terms of the medical school applications they should be taking the grade at the original school NOT at waterloo. If they did that there would be a horrible loop hole where you could take a course somewhere, do amazing, and then transfer the credit to get the reward twice. No way that is allowed :)

Yeah. This has nothing to do with medical school applications or meds. But strictly with conversion of grades between 2 universities.

Edit: Either way, the course wouldn't count towards meds since it's not undergrad.

oh ok! Soooooo what really is the issue then as (I believe) grad course grades aren't that important for pretty much anything(?)

Archived