Premed 101 Forums

Sept. 11th writers

CaptainCrunchMan

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First time poster, but I've been trolling for months during MCAT prep - I was too superstitious to post until after I got my scores!

36Q

PS 11

VR 11

BS 14

:)

I'm so happy!

My PS section score was the same as every one of my kaplan and AAMC practice exams - I'm consistent, if nothing else!

I'm a tiny bit disappointed with my VR score - I averaged 12-14 on practice exams and I majored in English, so I would have liked a few more points. But it was a hard section, for sure.

I'm thrilled with my BS section!

I'm surprised with by my WS score - I wrote the same prompts during my Kaplan course, and I thought I'd get an S for sure, or maybe a T... Can't complain, though!

Can anyone let me know if submitting my marks tomorrow is too late? I know they want them ASAP, but the deadline is the 13th (according to Mac website).

I just really don't want to check right now...exam tomorrow...I'll check after my exam, and submit it then (does it have to be in by a certain time?)

oh and congrats bobs for your great score!

Can anyone let me know if submitting my marks tomorrow is too late? I know they want them ASAP, but the deadline is the 13th (according to Mac website).

I just really don't want to check right now...exam tomorrow...I'll check after my exam, and submit it then (does it have to be in by a certain time?)

oh and congrats bobs for your great score!

If they say the 13th then tomorrow should be fine - good luck on your test!

Hi Everyone!

I thought I'd share my scores as well. This was my first time writing, 5 years after finishing undergrad. (NOT recommended!) :)

9PS 12VR 10BS .... and....wait for it....an N in writing. 31N.

I used to consider myself literate, but am re-evaluating that!

I did 4 practice exams, and this is the exact score I got on my best practice exam, so I am very happy about that. The N is just embarrassing, but at least I got a good verbal score for Mac!

Good luck to all other writers :)

I'm so scared, I haven't even checked yet.

Have a bunch of midterms soon, didn't want to get rattled/depressed lol...

I hope my summer wasn't a waste... although it sort of feels like I did horrible

Ugh Verbal reasoning....

Anyone here depressed because of the MCAT? I guess I'll have to prepare for this beast again....

What do you consider the average score in verbal? (Just curious)

I have Verbal=10 and I am wondering if I need a rewrite.

I don't know what "average" is, but 50th percentile is around 7.

"Average" for people who get into med school is obviously higher. 10 is probably good, but some schools have 11 as cutoff

What do you consider the average score in verbal? (Just curious)

I have Verbal=10 and I am wondering if I need a rewrite.

average verbal score for people writing the mcat is an 8 and I would bet the average admission verbal score for med is around a 10 for most schools at least.

Archived