Premed 101 Forums

Response

Guest boyshort

Guest boyshort

Hi, I had my interview last week, and wanted to know when I should here from U of O? I am anxious to know...

And what is this "bad" waitlisting, and a "good"waitlisting? How do you know which one you are in?

Guest aneliz

All of the Ontario schools release their decisions to applicants on the last business day of May...(May 31 this year). You should expect to receive some mail from all of the Ontario schools that you applied to in the first few days of June...Some schools use priority mail so you get your response quicker, others use regular mail. I'm not sure what Ottawa does specifically.

The 'good' waitlist at UofO is sent to people near the top of the waiting list that have a good chance of being offered an acceptance later in the summer. I think that most if not all of these people usually get in before Sept.

The 'bad' waitlist at UofO is sent to people that are further down the waitlist that the school feels have little real chance of getting an acceptance. These people are further down the waitlist then it usually moves in any given summer. So, if they get an acceptance, it is a big surprise to both them and school.

You can tell the two apart by a line such as " given your position on the list, the chances of admission this year are not likely." or something like that. This line appears in the 'bad' waitlist.

Don't worry yet...it is going to be a long time until May 31! Try and forget about it...it will make the time go faster! (Hard, I know, but you are going to drive yourself nuts before May!)

Good luck!

Guest MayFlower1

Aneliz...

Are you using this year's calendar? ;) The last business day in May is the 30th...ha ha...we potentially get to find out one day earlier this year! :)

Peter

Guest Koggetsu

I heard from the people who were presenting to us at the info session, the bad wait list is basically the last 250 people on the waitlist

Archived