Premed 101 Forums

Grad Students:

Guest stallion001

Guest stallion001

Does anyone know whether we have to submit our thesis by a certain date in order to begin first year meds at Ottawa. I know that at UofT, they require that you show proof that the thesis has been completed by June before you matriculate in Sept. of the same year. I read the Ottawa web site, although it doesn't mention anything, I am wondering if the adcom will ask for proof of submission at a later date, pending acceptance to the school.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wassabi101

I'm really not sure stallion but I would also love other people's feedback on this-

submission deadlines at McGill are June or August (quite the difference if you ask me). If you submit in August, technically you're finished, but you don't graduate until December!

Anybody know anything about this?

Thanks,

-wassabi

Guest wassabi101

Hello!

Just spoke to Ottawa U and they said the thesis has to have been submitted prior to the beginning of classes, but you don't have to have already graduated, necessarily. On the other hand, I also know someone who just defended their thesis for their PHD, so it might vary depending on whether you're completing a Master's or a PHD.

Hope this helps!

-wassabi

Archived