• Jim Halpert
    • Pam Halpert
    • Andy Bernard
    • Ryan Howard
    • Kelly Kapoor
    • Angela Martin
    • Kevin Malone
    • Oscar Martinez

9:00pm premiere (NBC) thursday. Who's watching?! Additional thoughts!?

P.S. I'm super sad that steve carrell is leaving. I honestly think NBC and the producers should respect the damn show and just end it with pride. I can only postulate that such a creative and innovative show will go downhill after the central character's exit.

P.P.S. I don't why I created the poll, I can't even fit in half the characters.. but enjoy.

Fantastic show. I doubt anybody can fill carrell's shoes. Ironically, the guy closest to filling them just worked with carrell on a movie, ZACH GALIFIANAKIS!

But I'm pretty sure he's intent on having a hollywood movie career, no tv shows.. plus he's not an actor really.

I wonder what the hell is going to happen..

I really like Zach Galifinakis, but I don't think he'd be a good replacement. The way he's funny is not the way that Michael Scott as a character is funny. If Zach could pull off that sort of fake-cheery, sort of inept character then that'd be cool, but so far he's been more of a grossly-inappropriate kind of funny. I mean, just watch Between Two Ferns on YouTube, or the Tim and Eric vodka ads.

Wow, tonight's episode was so weird.. The Office is literally no more. There's a new intro, new main characters (gabe and more will be introduced later), people singing unrealistically for no reason, gabe and erin randomly together, dwight owns the building?

There used to be a hint of realism in there, now it's just like any ordinary sitcom. They've changed the Formula for worse.

If Zach could pull off that sort of fake-cheery, sort of inept character then that'd be cool, but so far he's been more of a grossly-inappropriate kind of funny. I mean, just watch Between Two Ferns on YouTube, or the Tim and Eric vodka ads.

Yeah, zach would be more-so the awkward boss rather than the stupid-cheery boss. There is no replacing carrell. I know he said he's going because he wants to spend more time with kids and blah blah, but if NBC would pay him what he deserves he would consider staying.

I figure this will be the last season. Enjoyed tonight's episode. Where's Creed in the poll???

This looks like it's the last season, I agree.

I made that poll randomly based on people with most airtime. After making it, I realized I would vote for creed.

I would think that Ricky Gervais is suitable for this role. If anyone can pull it off, it's him!

Ricky Gervais would be good in his own way, but he can't replace Steve Carrell.

See, in the first season carrell copied gervais, but after that he evolved his character in his own way. The Office is nothing like the uk version. This is it's own show.

Gervais is suitable for the role, but he can't replace michael scott.

Ricky Gervais would be good in his own way, but he can't replace Steve Carrell.

See, in the first season carrell copied gervais, but after that he evolved his character in his own way. The Office is nothing like the uk version. This is it's own show.

Gervais is suitable for the role, but he can't replace michael scott.

carrel is nowhere close to ricky gervais at playing the role... ricky gervais plays a normal guy, desperate for laughs, slightly delusional, a bit sad, with a perfect delivery of lines, facial expressions, and awkward moments... comedic genius... carrel is okay, but he essentially plays a guy who let's be honest, if he was real, would be verging on mentally retarded... too unrealistic... that said, the us office is (or was) funny - it's pretty awful now, and has been for a few seasons... the british office was genius... i've never talked to anyone that had seen the british office first, who prefers the american one

carrel is nowhere close to ricky gervais at playing the role... ricky gervais plays a normal guy, desperate for laughs, slightly delusional, a bit sad, with a perfect delivery of lines, facial expressions, and awkward moments... comedic genius... carrel is okay, but he essentially plays a guy who let's be honest, if he was real, would be verging on mentally retarded... too unrealistic... that said, the us office is (or was) funny - it's pretty awful now, and has been for a few seasons... the british office was genius... i've never talked to anyone that had seen the british office first, who prefers the american one

hahah, an answer biased as this is expected from somebody who has ricky gervais as his friggin display picture.

And I might as well have a picture of steve carrell as my display picture because it's not like I'm a completely unbiased individual.

But my point is the The Office is it's OWN show. Steve carrell is a comedic genius in how he himself evolved michael scott over the seasons. The same can be said about numerous others on the show and just the show itself.

Gervais can't even get close to replacing Carrell. But Carrell can't replace gervais in his version either.

Archived