Premed 101 Forums

Number of seats???

Guest steve

Hi all,

I've been perusing numerous sites and am having one heck of a time finding out the exact number of seats Ottawa U has for the coming year. Can anyone help me on this???

thanks

Steve

Guest Tanya24

Hi steve

From past threads, it has been stated that 133 were taken last year, and 123 the year before. This is by no means official, however. I would like to know as well. Good luck.

Guest UOMeds05

Hi Steve,

My class started with 123 students and the first year class of this year started with 135 seats. However, this is not exactly precise in the sense that this is not the actual number of seats available to mainstream applicants. For example, the 123 students also included 3 international students (separate app program), and the students attending thru Le Program National... i think that there are 5 in my class (don't quote me on that). I don't think that there are any international students in Meds1 but UOMeds06 may be able to comment on this.

As far as i have been told, last year was the last of the increases foreseen by the government in class sizes. So the incoming class will presumably be 135... this will also include any students that may have deferred last year.

Hope that this helps.

Thanks UOMeds05,

Wow, the speed of both your's and Tanya's response is greatly appreciated. Good luck on your studies, and for Tanya, good luck on your interview!

Steve

Guest UOMeds06

UOMeds05 is right. I heard from the office that there'll be no increase this year (I don't think our class has any Saudi Arabian students <-- international students) so that's 135 Anglo/Franco/Program Nationale total.

95 anglo

40 franco/program nationale

Best of luck! First interviews are on Saturday!

Guest Tanya24

Thanks Steve!! Good luck with yours on the 20th. I hope to attend the info session which should tell us exactly how many seats are availablein Sept 2003, who they're available to, etc. (Although that doesn't stop me now from feverishly calculating my chances over and over again using every angle I can think of.) Are we obsessed? :) Take care, T.

Guest Laurent27

Hi all,

I went to an information session today. The class size has reached is top with 123 students in the Ministry of Health quota. In addition there is two other application pool which is MMTP(military program) and CNFS (centre national de formation en santé)for a total of 135 seats in all.

Best of lucks on interviews

Laurent

Archived