Premed 101 Forums

MedOAS - No "Submit" Button?

51stCenturyFox

I am already a McGill student, so I've had a Minerva account for 3.5 years. I've "linked" the two accounts (meaning I've submitted my Minerva ID for MedOAS), and I can see my application status on Minerva (e.g. Reference letters "not received/processed"). I just don't see anything on MedOAS to let them know that I've completed my application.

I plan to call/e-mail them, but I just wanted to check if I'm missing something obvious...

• 1 month later...

Well, now im even more confused. I have followed what I believe to be the exact same steps as you, and now all of my reference letters are in. But the "seal and submit" "ENTER" button has not appeared......could it be that I only submitted my minerva application on friday and it has not been processed yet, since its the weekend...that would be bad.

Well, now im even more confused. I have followed what I believe to be the exact same steps as you, and now all of my reference letters are in. But the "seal and submit" "ENTER" button has not appeared......could it be that I only submitted my minerva application on friday and it has not been processed yet, since its the weekend...that would be bad.

when you go to Minerva--> Applicant ---> admission application status.

do you see anything?

I see my application there:

pplications Processed and Under Review

Admission Term Faculty Program Major or Subject Date Created

Fall 2011 Faculty of Medicine M D C M Medicine Nov 03, 2010

looks like that ^^^

when you go to Minerva--> Applicant ---> admission application status.

do you see anything?

I see my application there:

pplications Processed and Under Review

Admission Term Faculty Program Major or Subject Date Created

Fall 2011 Faculty of Medicine M D C M Medicine Nov 03, 2010

looks like that ^^^

yes I see that. I just submitted on my webOAS...seal and confirm button..I have no confirmation the application has been completed though.... seems to be the case for everyone else that has submitted so far...this is weird

yes I see that. I just submitted on my webOAS...seal and confirm button..I have no confirmation the application has been completed though.... seems to be the case for everyone else that has submitted so far...this is weird

yeah i don;t think you get some sort of "CONGRATS YOU SUBMITTED" email..

Yes, I do see the same thing on minerva and i received a confirmation email from the office of admissions saying that they have received my minerva application. But I do not have the submit button on medOAS.

Do you by any chance know the exact deadline for the application i.e. by what time?

Yes, I do see the same thing on minerva and i received a confirmation email from the office of admissions saying that they have received my minerva application. But I do not have the submit button on medOAS.

Do you by any chance know the exact deadline for the application i.e. by what time?

I think it's 11:59pm tomorrow, but can someone else confirm this?

I think it's 11:59pm tomorrow' date=' but can someone else confirm this?[/quote']

I'm pretty sure it's due at that time tomorrow.

I have just clicked on submit, but on Minerva it still says nothing was received. Did this happen to anyone else? Does anyone know how long it normally takes them to update?

I'm pretty sure it's due at that time tomorrow.

I have just clicked on submit, but on Minerva it still says nothing was received. Did this happen to anyone else? Does anyone know how long it normally takes them to update?

yeah, I think on the minerva checklist they check stuff off when the admissions committee actually looks at your application. i don't think thats done automatically.

i just submitted my MedOAS and also got no confirmation and its not updated on my minerva yet. i can't make any changes though. on minerva you don't actually submit anything right?

yeah, the minerva part is easy. fill out the basic info then pay the fine. and yeah, when i submitted the medOAS part, it didn't send any email or notification or anything, i can still view the stuff, but can't edit anything.

Guest sparkly

I contacted the Admissions Office at McGill, they told me that if you submit your online application on Friday, the MedOAS takes time for processing and the submit might appear today or tomorrow. She said that delay in submissions will be considered as time for internal processing so won't jeopardize your admission. Hope it Helps!!

Hey, so in case anyone else was worried like I was, I submitted, but was still able to edit for about 10 mins. Naturally, like any pre-med, I freaked out, searched the forums, but when I came back, I can still browse through my stuff, but have no ability to edit.

Time to exhale....

Hey guys,

The Admission Office confirmed me that there is no confirmation for the MEDoas form.

Question: Are you able to see on Minerva your application status when you are not a McGill student?

Cheers

Well if it has not changed since last year, you should !

Archived