Premed 101 Forums

Please help - Course load!

"Please note that you have more than ten course lengths on record for the following institution(s) with the given year and duration. While there are exceptions where this is legitimate, it is not generally expected. Please ensure that you have not made any entry errors."

Is this a big deal? I am an engineer so I usually take 6 full courses.... every semester.

It is not a big deal - you are the exception. :)

And, just to clarify:

1.0 = Sept to Dec, or Jan to April

2.0 = "Full Year"

Also, on an unrelated note, do you understand what "Full time courses" and "Half courses" are? Isn't a "full time course" just a Sept to Dec course? Or is it "Full year"?

Doing full course laod, which I assume is full time courses, is doing 5 courses (half courses) during the fall semester and again during the winter semester (Jan-April). In your case, it is 6 courses each semester of the normal academic year.

I don't know the numbers to which you are referring, I am not an OMSAS applicant this year.

Thanks for the help, I owe you one!

I'm just wondering because U of Toronto has prereqs of:

All applicants are required to have completed at least two full-course equivalents in life sciences and at least one full-course equivalent in humanities, social sciences or languages.

So for life sciences, should I put TWO of my "one semester" courses or FOUR of them, so that I have --> Two Full-Course Equivalents.

Archived