Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites 2010/2011

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A little shocked that I am without any answer yet... I noticed one of you mentioned getting your interview in NB... were all of these in NB or did people recieve Hali interview as well?

Thanks,

EC89

I'm in N.S., and will interview in Halifax. You'll get yours soon, likely this upcoming week. Don't forget, it's still early!

I wuld give them a call and see whats up. I know of IP's that got rejection letters a couple of weeks ago. Good luck!!

I am an IP applicant and still waiting to hear. Anyone else in the same situation?

Have any IP applicants received rejection emails yet?

I'm an IP applicant, also waiting for details...not sure what platform Dal is using for the email notification approach to this process...would be nice if everything went out all at once! I definitely agree that for planning purposes, OOP applicants need as much lead time as possible, so early notification for them is understandable.

In the past, interview notices went out at the same time.. that being said- they have had problems with emails in the past. As an example, mine was sent to a dal email address that I didn't use, despite me specifying that I would like email sent to another address.... the server sometimes overrides in favour of a dal email.

I'd recommend getting in touch with the office if you still haven't heard anything either way.

Got mine... In Saint John?! I live less than a 3 minute walk to the Halifax infirmary. Ridiculous. Hopefully I can have it switched... It's unreasonable to expect someone to go 5 hours away (and spend hundreds of dollars!) for an interview when they actually live right next to the Halifax interview site. Shouldn't this be done geographically? If for some reason someone here wants to switch, let me know.

Sorry, it probably sounds like I'm complaining... I'm glad to be given this opportunity. Just not happy it's in SJ!

I am in the same situation mavrik. I emailed them, not complaining but making sure I was still be considered for admission to the Halifax campus since I don't qualify to go to the Saint John campus (not a NB resident), and they said it was done by submission date. Basically a first apply, first assigned method instead of by proximity to the campus.

I will also be making the 5 hour trip from Halifax to Saint John.

I am in the same situation mavrik. I emailed them, not complaining but making sure I was still be considered for admission to the Halifax campus since I don't qualify to go to the Saint John campus (not a NB resident), and they said it was done by submission date. Basically a first apply, first assigned method instead of by proximity to the campus.

I will also be making the 5 hour trip from Halifax to Saint John.

Thanks for posting this - makes me feel a little better (and is worthwhile information for those applying next year). Still seems silly to me (why not have another interview date in Halifax?), but at least it was done in a fair manner.

What I have been thinking about over the past couple days is 'what if they put the lowest rated applicants from NS in Saint John for their interview' ;)

If anyone is still wondering what is happening with Dalhousie Admissions I just got off the phone with them...most invitiations have been sent out (all have been sent out for general stream IP and OOP) however if you are an MMTP applicant, the military is dragging their heels to square away a new contract, so this is what is delaying your invitation notice. Regardless, if a new contract is not formed soon, you will be invited for an invitation under the general stream IP/OOP with everyone else. So long as you met the requirements for application you are good to go!

There are three of us by the way, applying to Dalhousie under MMTP!

Congrats to everyone who got an interview!

Just reminding you guys there is a Facebook group (Dal Med Interviews (Class of 2015): Ask a Med Student), a website (http://2015.medicine.dal.ca) and an email address (dalmed2015@gmail.com) set up for you guys. The website has been updated with information about interview weekend and Dalhousie itself - take a look! Unfortunately, the schedule/location of events in SJ has not been finalized yet, but we'll get it out to you ASAP.

Please get in touch with us if you have any questions or concerns! Our class is very much looking forward to meeting you guys next month.

This is going to sound like a set of ridiculous questions, but here we go:

1. Do you sit across from your interviewer with a table in between at each station or do you stand up?

2. I'm guessing no, but do you bring scratch paper with you?

3. Bottle of water acceptable?

4. Is there anything (other than ID) you should bring on the day of?

If anyone is still wondering what is happening with Dalhousie Admissions I just got off the phone with them...most invitiations have been sent out (all have been sent out for general stream IP and OOP) however if you are an MMTP applicant, the military is dragging their heels to square away a new contract, so this is what is delaying your invitation notice. Regardless, if a new contract is not formed soon, you will be invited for an invitation under the general stream IP/OOP with everyone else. So long as you met the requirements for application you are good to go!

There are three of us by the way, applying to Dalhousie under MMTP!

Thanks for the news sharing TDV... I guess I'll have to go in and find out where my e-mail has gone.

EC89

This is going to sound like a set of ridiculous questions, but here we go:

1. Do you sit across from your interviewer with a table in between at each station or do you stand up?

2. I'm guessing no, but do you bring scratch paper with you?

3. Bottle of water acceptable?

4. Is there anything (other than ID) you should bring on the day of?

Answers:

1. Usually the stations are in examination rooms in the hospital, so there is usually just two chairs in there for your interviewer and yourself. No tables. You are definitely not expected to stand.

2. No scratch paper.

3. No personal waterbottles, but there is water provided on the track for drinking between stations or during your break station.

4. I just asked around and none of us can remember bringing anything but some ID (and a backup piece just in case). If I do remember something, I'll let you know!

Congrats to everyone who got an interview!

Just reminding you guys there is a Facebook group (Dal Med Interviews (Class of 2015): Ask a Med Student), a website (http://2015.medicine.dal.ca) and an email address (dalmed2015@gmail.com) set up for you guys. The website has been updated with information about interview weekend and Dalhousie itself - take a look! Unfortunately, the schedule/location of events in SJ has not been finalized yet, but we'll get it out to you ASAP.

Please get in touch with us if you have any questions or concerns! Our class is very much looking forward to meeting you guys next month.

Thanks for this!

While I'm not sure EXACTLY what the set up will be, I know last year there was a locked room where we kept our coats and bags while we went to the interview. I heard mention of another secure location to keep suitcases for people leaving right after the interview - I'm not personally familiar with it because I was a local, but there will almost certainly be something in place for you guys, and I can let you know when I know. Also, a lot of hotels have baggage storage if you're leaving later in the day, if any of you are interested in that.

The FB group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=166175263399554

Answers:

1. Usually the stations are in examination rooms in the hospital, so there is usually just two chairs in there for your interviewer and yourself. No tables. You are definitely not expected to stand.

2. No scratch paper.

3. No personal waterbottles, but there is water provided on the track for drinking between stations or during your break station.

4. I just asked around and none of us can remember bringing anything but some ID (and a backup piece just in case). If I do remember something, I'll let you know!

Thank you!

Hey everyone,

I have an interview on November 21st at 8:15am, and was wondering if any another female with that interview time would be interested in sharing a hotel room. Also, I'll be flying in from Toronto City Centre Airport on Saturday, and arriving at 5:40PM. So if anyone else is flying in at that time, I'd be more than interested in sharing cab fees. Please contact me at jiangz2@mcmaster.ca if interested =)

Archived