Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites 2010/2011

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i'd be interested as well for the toronto mmi practice.

As would I. I likely won't give it much thought over the long weekend, but maybe once everyone has had a chance to do a bit of research we could set something up. Could be fun, and certainly won't hurt.

Cabs will also give you a 53$ flat rate, so if you happen to find 2 or 3 people to share with, that can be even cheaper than the airporter.

Once we all book our flights maybe we could coordinate and go in on some cabs?

I'll be coming from Ottawa. On that note, anyone in the Ottawa area want to do some MMI practice?

OOP, interview invite today! So as someone else mentioned, does anyone know how many OOPs are interviewed and how many accepted? Sorry to ask this as I'm sure its been asked a hundred times before....

To answer my own and your questions, I found this on the Dal website:

Application Cycle for the Class of 2015

It is anticipated that in each application cycle approximately 350 (300 Maritime & 50 non-Maritime) will be invited for an interview. The selection of applicants is based on the scores from GPA, MCAT, supplementary information and the personal letter.

Also I found that "There are 9 seats available to non-Maritime and international applicants."

Hope that helps!

http://admissions.medicine.dal.ca/class.htm

Class of 2013

? Non-Maritime applicants ? 492

? Eligible ? 219 ? 60 interviewed ? 9 positions offered

? Ineligible/non competitive/no interview offered ? 273

From an old thread:

http://premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40539

Waitlist info:

- Sept 2002: 7

- Sept 2004: 32

- Sept 2005: mid-20s

- Sept 2006: 16

- Sept 2008: 30s

- Sept 2009: mid-teens

- Sept 2010: 23

OOP invite, first interview (3rd year of applications, first year to Dal)...so pumped! Any other BC students -> maybe we'll share a flight ;)

Stats: 3.75ish best 2 years and 39P (14/12/13) MCAT. Fairly strong ECs and I felt good about the essay. So much to prep, ah!

Good luck to everyone :)

Congrats to everyone.

All 60 invites on premed101 or what?

Exactly my thoughts... Seems like on interview weekend our nametags should have our pm101 user names instead of our actual names.

For everyone else, keep me in the loop if anyone gets together for some practice MMI stuff. Definitely count me in.

edit: Wait whoa, they invited 80+ last year? did not know that

Congrats to those who got an interview. I didn't put my stats up after saying that I got rejected:

GPA: 3.8 or 3.9 (depending on if they round each year to one decimal place or if they take the final GPA and round it to one decimal place)

MCAT: 42T

ECs/Volunteering/Research: Lots of medically related stuff, some cool activities, review paper published recently.

That's tough, ssd. Your stats are solid and ECs (from what I can tell) look good too. Hope you get in somewhere else.

I got rejected as well.

GPA: 3.89

MCAT: 36P

ECs: the usual stuff (I think this did it for me..)

OOP

Once we all book our flights maybe we could coordinate and go in on some cabs?

I'll be coming from Ottawa. On that note, anyone in the Ottawa area want to do some MMI practice?

I will also be coming from Ottawa (ish), I'm scheduled for November 21st at 11:15am.

This is my 3rd year applying to medical school, first time applying to Dal and my first interview invite!

OOP

Graduated with BA from UBC May 2009

MCAT 10PS/11VR/10BS/Q 31Q

Last 2 years GPA 3.85 OMSAS

ECs: I'd say average

Congrats to the other invitees and I hope the rest of you receive interviews at some other schools this year!

good news: priceline just got me a deal with $60 a night at the westin nova scotian...

bad news: i think this is far from HI.. input?

sidenote: i love internet hotel gambling.

Not far. I made roughly that walk (Superstore to Tupper building) biweekly. On a nice day, it's a great walk, and on a crappy day it's a 7 or 8 dollar cab ride.

good news: priceline just got me a deal with $60 a night at the westin nova scotian...

bad news: i think this is far from HI.. input?

sidenote: i love internet hotel gambling.

It's only about a 15-20 min walk, and the #7 bus route will actually take you right to the Tupper as well if it's rainy or you don't feel like walking!

Archived