Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites 2010/2011

So, rumours are floating around that invites may go out as early as this week. Dal's timeline says November 1st, but it's also clearly a tentative timeline.

Anyone care to substantiate/dismiss the rumour for us?

Once invites are actually out, this thread could also be a good spot for invited/rejected applicants to post stats if people feel like it...

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So sorry about leaving everyone hanging there. The interview dates are definitely early this year (Nov 20 and 21). Generally, a large portion of the interviews are run by the current first and second year students, and I heard this information through other students who are more involved in the admissions process.

The admissions committee is currently in scramble to get everything together as fast as possible, and wanted to send invitations out earlier to give people ample time to prepare and find transportation. I would not say that this information is for sure accurate, but it seems like they are trying to make things earlier than originally planned.

Regardless, does anyone know if Dal has been like this before? By that I mean: have they talked about 1 date for invites only to surprise us with an earlier response.

2 cycles ago, when I was accepted, the acceptance letters were supposed to be mailed out (lettermail, not email) on May 15th. I received my letter on May 13, which meant that they had to have sent them out at least on the 11th.

So sorry about leaving everyone hanging there. The interview dates are definitely early this year (Nov 20 and 21). Generally, a large portion of the interviews are run by the current first and second year students, and I heard this information through other students who are more involved in the admissions process.

The admissions committee is currently in scramble to get everything together as fast as possible, and wanted to send invitations out earlier to give people ample time to prepare and find transportation. I would not say that this information is for sure accurate, but it seems like they are trying to make things earlier than originally planned.

Interesting. Well, October 8th, the first date you mentionned for OOP, is very very soon, so I guess the waiting game begins.

Thanks, and let us know if you hear anything else!

Blech I would have been much happier not knowing of the earlier date....less anticipation=less nerves=less disappointing lol

Haha I think I'm with you on that one. Now I'll spend the next week or two going through cycles of convincing myself I definitely will get an interview, or have no shot at one. Self-torture and insecurity FTW.

Wait until you get the interview, and then have to wait to hear if you're in..............you go through cycles about every minute. "I got in...wait no, I sucked I'm so embarassed I can't believe I said that at the interview....hmm I was mediocre maybe waitlisted....wait no I had to have gotten in......wait wait......."

Oh I can imagine.... Well, as an OOP for Dal, getting an interview is more than half the battle! That being said, rumour has it the invites could go out Friday for OOP. Yikes.

Well according to Dal's admissions timeline, notices of inelegibility go out first... So probably the longer you don't hear from them the better? Although I like xi88's timelene better.

-EC89

Yeah, I think their posted timeline is very much "tentative", and they might not adhere to it at all.

The "notice of ineligibility" business I also found a bit odd. Dal clearly states what MCAT/GPA you need to be eligible, so you'd think they wouldn't get many "ineligible" applicants. Why they need a whole extra round of letters for them, and they can't just not offer them an interview is beyond me...

Anyways, hopefully we will find out on Friday...fingers crossed!

They get hundreds of ineligible applicants, probably because many people are awaiting MCAT scores get below a 9 or less then 30. Plus there are always those people who just apply blindly lol

Hadn't considered that. Good point, especially with Dal's early MCAT deadline, a lot of people going into 4th year just applying for the first time after their first dance with the MCAT probably end up being ineligible.

Haha now that I think about it, I didn't get my score until after I clicked submit...

You guys are right.. every year there are people who apply without meeting the criteria and are thus "ineligible". There are also people that are deemed "non competitive" and are also not interviewed. This applies much more to OOP applicants as there are just so many applicants and only about 60 interview spots.

I haven't heard anything re: an exact date that invites will go out, but they have definitely been via email for the last number of years.

Once invites go out, (or before for the super keen) feel free to check out the Dal Med Interviews 2015 group on facebook. Lots of people available to answer any questions you might have!

Haven't seen anything in my inbox as an OOP. Looking at last year, they were sent around 1 or 2pm ET. However, with it being Friday, I'd assume that with every syntilating second, the chances of it being sent today are slimmer and slimmer.

I have it on good authority that you'll get it today. Office closes at 4, so it could just be a mass send before going home for the long weekend.

Alright, let's say mediocre authority. PM's from premed'ers who want to remain anonymous. Can't say more than that without giving them away, but I trust 'em. I'll start clicking refresh every few seconds in a couple hours, haha.

I'm guessing they wanted to remain anonymous because this isn't supposed to be public knowledge?

Archived