Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites 2010/2011

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like most you guys are on the 21st...

Anyone else get a 20th like me?

Hey I'm on the 20th at 11:15AM. I'm thinking of ways in which I can start practicing, it seems to early for any organized MMI practices..Are you going to stay at a hotel or is there billeting?

I didn't get an invite so I assume that I've been rejected pre-interview. Oh well, at least I've got other schools to look forward to even though I have been put off by this entire situation. I really thought I had a chance at this and was looking at visiting Halifax after all these years. Sometimes, I wish I never had the stats to even think about going to medical school. Its like a burden. Thank God its Friday and I can drink my sorrows away the entire weekend.

...Happy Thanksgiving :o

Edit: just got the rejection e-mail

woot

HBP: Yes, probably! The letter mentions that the interview will be 2 hours, so I guess it just depends how much time you want to look around and ask questions...

Where are you guys all staying and stuff? I have a friend that lives there so I am hoping to billet but don't want to rely on that. Any news on this?

Hey guys,

Congrats to all OOP applicants who got invites today! Just letting you know that information about the interview weekend schedule, as well as some info on how to get here from the airport, hotels, billets and all of that fun stuff is forthcoming shortly, hopefully by the end of next week or early the week after that. When available, that information can be found at http://2015.medicine.dal.ca, or on our Facebook Group (search Dal Med Interviews (Class of 2015): Ask a Med Student). If you guys have any further questions, you can email the Ask A Med Student committee at dalmed2015@gmail.com. Questions pertaining to your applications or the actual interview itself are probably best directed at Admissions, but we'll do what we can to help :)

I don't know anyone out there any more, so I'm assuming I'll be grabbing a hotel room. Anyone know of any hotels closest to the interviews?

Cambridge Suites, Prince George, Lord Nelson, Marriott Courtyard. Off the top of my head, those are the first places I'd look into. The Radisson too.

There's the Westin/Marriott too, but they'd be pricier..

Interview at 8:15 AM on November 21!!!!!!

I am ecstatic!!!!!!! This is my first med school interview!

OOM - ontario

M.Sc. completed, in my last year of a second undergrad degree.

Dal GPA - best 2 yrs, +grad grades ~3.85ish?

MCAT - 13PS 10VR QWS 13BS = 36Q

other: 7 publications, hospital volunteering, student council, varsity sports etc. For the maritime connection question on the app I talked a fair bit about visiting my family who live in Halifax and why I love the city/Dal as an OOP applicant.

email timestamp 2:02pm

Damn, why is the airport so far away from the university!

Best way to get to and from? Shall I rent a car?

Most people use the Airporter shuttle - I believe the rate is about $20. A cab ride would run you about $55. If you do rent a car, I know at least one of the hotels I've contacted will offer free parking. Also, because you'll be here on the weekend, you can probably park for free on the street.

As far as hotels go, a little birdie told me that the Marriott Residence Inn has rooms for $96.75/night if you book before Oct 11, which is a pretty good deal. We also have group discounts for some other hotels in the area, and that information is forthcoming. If you're not into spending that much money on top of a flight, I'd stick it out and wait for a billet - we are all really nice and non-creepy, I promise. Also, there will be social events on both the Friday evening and the Saturday evening if you'd like to stick around.

There's a shuttle if you're interested, here's the website http://www.airporter.biz/ . But I think if you keep an eye on that Facebook page the Dal students will be informative and accommodating! They can probably help with billeting and any other info you need.

Cabs will also give you a 53$ flat rate, so if you happen to find 2 or 3 people to share with, that can be even cheaper than the airporter.

OOP, interview invite today! So as someone else mentioned, does anyone know how many OOPs are interviewed and how many accepted? Sorry to ask this as I'm sure its been asked a hundred times before....

Also, for MMI interview practice in Toronto, does anybody want to get together/ have recommendations? Similar questions for cabbing from the airport to the university on the 21st :)

Thanks!

Archived