Premed 101 Forums

Where to put reference numbers in Ottawa sketch?

Guest Tanya24

Guest Tanya24

I am second-guessing my application here. I have heard that you only need references in the main sketch if you apply to Toronto. I am not. However, there is no allotted space in the Ottawa detailed sketch for reference numbers. Thus, I put them in the main sketch anyways. Was this wrong?? Should I have them in the body of my Ottawa sketch instead of the main auto sketch? What did others do? Thanks, everyone. I could really use the advice here.

Happy Thanksgiving weekend, Tanya.

Guest Lola Lee Lolo

oh thank goodness i have found another person who is wondering the same thing re: verifiers!

where exactly are you thinking of including your u of o verifiers in your OMSAS sketch? i was thinking of saying in the comments section of verifiers "ottawa sketch: employment 1, 2. e-c: 7, 12..." but i have no idea if i will have room!

having to do all this on the computer is very stressful, because you really cannot squeeze anything in anywhere. :( i really hope someone can clarify this!

Guest swimmer

hi tanya,

for the OMSAS sketch, you DO NOT put your verifiers in the description list if you are not applying to U of T.

However, you still must verify your activites for Ottawa..

If you look at each section, Ottawa says "Use the verifiers function"

That just means to put (X) beside the Responsibilites section, or Type of Activity/Part-time, etc where X is the number of your verifier...so as long as you have the (X) anywhere in the ottawa description box for each activity your A.Ok....

Guest Tanya24

Thank you so much, guys. There's nothing like being paranoid about a detail that SEEMS minor but you worry it may invalidate your application if you do it wrong. Lola, regarding putting the Ottawa reference in the comments section, that's something I never thought of. I can't say for sure. Maybe others know this answer? You can phone/email COMPASS on Tuesday, but until then you'll get an automated email. I think I will move my reference numbers to the "summer or academic year" box as swimmer suggested. There certainly is enough room there. Again, thank you both for your input!!

Archived