Premed 101 Forums

MMI focused online practice group

ryacha

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just thought i'd update this thread- the focused online practice group ran for 30 days!

at this time ryacha has put it on hold, but will most likely be starting it back up in the new year once the interview dates for a majority of schools creep a little closer.

if you have any ideas or want to be included i'd suggest either posting in here or pming ryacha to be added to the email list (you'll need to give him your email address)

This looks like a solid idea.

I was wondering if anyone had taken part in the discussion and could simply email the whole discussion to me?

Would someone be able to pm me and I will give you my email and hopefully be able to see what and how people responded to these questions.

I realize that people may be feeling out of synch with the practice as the last round of midterms comes in and finals roll around, but it would be awesome if there are some keeners out there willing to keep the practice going.

Good luck to you all regardless of if you are my competition, my travels around the world have impressed upon me a strong respect for Canadian meds, the dedication is remarkable.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest makbari

I would like to participate in your mmi activity, i like your idea.

M:)

Hey PMers,

So I'm finding that between studying/work/etc. that I am struggling to find the time to be practicing for the MMI. I have a list (thanks to f_d) of 39 mock MMI questions and I was thinking of rounding up students that want to take part in an email group. (37 days until Dal MMIs start for those heading east)

Every day I'll email out an MMI question to everyone on the list, and each person can reply with their take on the question, how they would approach it, their answer, what you shouldn't say or basically anything they want to reply with. If your email is set up to do threads it should all stay in one thread per question and in this way we get a pooling of our brilliant minds. To me one of the stumbling blocks to preparing is that for some of the questions I don't have great preformed ideas on the spot, and maybe with all these great ideas floating around we can all nail the MMI.

I really hope I get some interest because I think that the most effective way to approach the MMI will be to, just like the MCAT, practice every day. I know technically we are all competition, but wouldn't you rather spend 4 years with people dedicated enough to join the email group ;)

If you are interested please PM me with your email or (if you are daring) post your email on this thread. I'll post this up in the general thread as well.

Take care

Ryan

Edit: Group has been postponed until January when there will be more interest. Please hold off from PMing me to be added or you may get missed! I'll start a new thread come January :)

Archived