Premed 101 Forums

B.Sc., Agricultural and Environmental Sciences at McGill for premed?

Hi,

I'm more informed on what it takes to get into a doctoral health program now (M.D., D.M.D., etc.), but I can't really make up my mind on an undergraduate degree. I'm also concerned about job prospects if ever I would fail to get in any health schools. I'm interested in the Agricultural and Environmental Sciences program at McGill. I'm planning to go to the open house or audit some classes, and I've checked graduate statistics, but if anyone is familiar to some degree with the program and/or the field (did it at McGill, did the same program elsewhere, know someone who did, etc.) I would love to hear from you guys.

Guest viscous
Hi,

I'm more informed on what it takes to get into a doctoral health program now (M.D., D.M.D., etc.), but I can't really make up my mind on an undergraduate degree. I'm also concerned about job prospects if ever I would fail to get in any health schools. I'm interested in the Agricultural and Environmental Sciences program at McGill. I'm planning to go to the open house or audit some classes, and I've checked graduate statistics, but if anyone is familiar to some degree with the program and/or the field (did it at McGill, did the same program elsewhere, know someone who did, etc.) I would love to hear from you guys.

It`d serve you better if you do a pre-med program in which you take courses which you will be taking in med school anyways. Because that way youd have learn the stuff in 4 years instead of 2 (preclerk in medicine) and will cruise through med school and actually enjoy other parts of med curriculum which are only peripherally related to academics (such as hospital work).

It`d serve you better if you do a pre-med program in which you take courses which you will be taking in med school anyways. Because that way youd have learn the stuff in 4 years instead of 2 (preclerk in medicine) and will cruise through med school and actually enjoy other parts of med curriculum which are only peripherally related to academics (such as hospital work).

I'm not sure. Why would I go for an premed program? Wouldn't I end up like a western medieval art history major? And how would it serve me better if I actually don't get accepted?

Archived