Premed 101 Forums

CASPer fail

I received an email after completion of my Casper which the final screen said You are now finished Casper 100% (somewhere along those lines). I then clicked on Step 2-Take the Casper test just to make sure everything was ok and it just said that my answers were already submitted and that I had 100% completed Casper.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
funny how they locked the comment box in the evaluation up to a certain amount of characters/words. I guess they didn't want people to rant about the various glitches in the system :P

Happened to me too, just as I was about to complain about their lack of time

I wonder if they have like certain set of key answers or something. I mean, this test is supposed to "not have any answers" but they sort of do, kind of like how they do in doing right.

I didn't get an email too! I wrote at 12:30 and also experienced that glitch thing where I was typing in this text box and it just froze - neither could I do delete what I wrote. Weird, kinda worried about this. But it makes me feel better that I'm not alone!

No, my survey went fine. I answered all the questions without problem and it proceeded to the final page which tells me I have completed 100% of CASPer. However I didn't get an email. I did press logout after that 100% completed page so I am wondering if I am not suppose to press logout? But then it says it's 100% complete so I assumed everything is saved and fine.

I should probably call too just to make sure. It would be nice if we can somehow log back to make sure it was okay but then I log back in some hours later and it just doesn't tell me anything about whether it was okay or not.

This is exactly my case as well - my survey went perfectly and I got to the page that said I was 100% complete, but I didn't get an email. Now I'm a bit worried!

Are all the questions the same for everybody? Is there any organization to it (videos vs. personal questions?) or is it scattered? I know you guys would rather not disclose such things but if you do, don't hesitate. Thanks.:D

But yeah, I've realized upon practicing that it is really difficult to type that fast. Its almost as if you have to figure it all out while typing.

They tell you at the beginning the questions are in a random order, so everyone sees them at different times within the same time session (e.g. Q 10, Q1, Q 5 etc). Personal & video are randomized. No one knows whether or not they reuse the same scenarios, or if they will use the same ones on Wednesday.

Are all the questions the same for everybody? Is there any organization to it (videos vs. personal questions?) or is it scattered? I know you guys would rather not disclose such things but if you do, don't hesitate. Thanks.:D

But yeah, I've realized upon practicing that it is really difficult to type that fast. Its almost as if you have to figure it all out while typing.

No, it's all random and questions/videos are selected from a large pool.

I called the CASPer office today. They said if you were able to see the "you are 100%" page, then everything should be fine and all your responses should be saved (such as in my case).

However, for people that experienced glitch in the survey, I am not sure about this. They said they are aware of some problems and are working on it.

Good luck to everyone else and call them if you are really nervous.

My friend said she had difficulty typing even 3 sentences for each question. Damn. Its as if you state your position, your reason and maybe, if you have time, elaborate on that reason or talk about the antithesis. I guess we'll save our life experiences for the personal questions.
Well, I'm not the fastest typer, but I managed about 3 to 4 sentences per question and I felt that I had time to include personal experiences. You just need to be concise.

This is exactly my case as well - my survey went perfectly and I got to the page that said I was 100% complete, but I didn't get an email. Now I'm a bit worried!

so I had the exact same thing happen to me ( naturally I had a bit of a panic attack, realizing I probably should have received an email!). I called the CASPer help line, and they took my information and will check with admissions to make sure it was submitted. So I would recommend doing the same! I still haven't heard back yet, hopefully it's fine, but at least (worse case scenario) if something went wrong I'll know now!

one question it read

"You are_________________"

It didn't really have any information and it asked me some random questions that seemed to be attached to a video.

I guess the video didn't run at all..

I had to sort of guess at what the video was about and answer it.

I am not sure if i should report this to mac or not :S

F!#$*T(

Was completing the last question of section 12, and was writing something like "do sa". I meant to say do sO, so I backspaced with 2 seconds remaining, and BAM. all pages disappeared and i get: "you have answered all questions".

So I didn't get survey parts and am not sure if the last section answers were saved. I called and a CASper helper told me he made a note of the error and the admission committee would contact me if further problems are found.

i feel like...s***

but yes, wish it was 2 mins per question. an extra min could have made a big difference.

Overall I liked CASPer; however, I am a slow typer. To type even a very concise answer, it takes time. I would do it much faster verbally. Physicians dictate their reports frequently. Shouldn't we be able to choose to record our answers via skype or similar technology or to type it? I don't think you have to be a super fast typist to become a physician:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Interesting read in the Globe & Mail today regarding CASPer. Seems as though they are pretty pleased with it so far and will be using it; they also mention some stuff about other universities, McGill & UOttawa, and their opinions on CASPer. The former mentions they are considering adopting it in the future if it can be made bilingual.

Interesting read in the Globe & Mail today regarding CASPer. Seems as though they are pretty pleased with it so far and will be using it; they also mention some stuff about other universities, McGill & UOttawa, and their opinions on CASPer. The former mentions they are considering adopting it in the future if it can be made bilingual.

For anyone who wants the link its: http://m.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/ontario/brains-alone-wont-get-you-into-mcmaster-medical-school/article1834968/?service=mobile&tabInside_tab=0&page=1

I agree with getting people's first reaction is pretty valuable... gives you insight into their personality

• 5 weeks later...

Ok I haven't applied to McMaster so I don't know the experience, but reading on their website, they are trying to flaunt their CASPer as much as possible. Specificaly emphasizing the fact that its easier for the Applicant since it is less time consuming than an autobiographical sketch. (Sounds great). But then, as a back up plan, you must not only complete CASPer but do the Autobiographical sketch, just in case...how the hell does that save time if you have to do more work than before :S

Archived