Premed 101 Forums

Do you believe that you were able to present an accurate portrayal... During CASPer?

I was able to accurately portray my personalty through CASPer  

1 member has voted

1. 1. I was able to accurately portray my personalty through CASPer

• Strongly agree
    • Agree
    • Somewhat agree
    • Neutral
    • Somewhat disagree
    • Disagree
    • Strongly disagree

I think theres a fine line to walk for this.... yes u need it to be done really really quickly to reduce secondary inputs and cheaters but at the same time maybe another minute would help people formulate better responses.. I feel this methad has the potential to be a better tool then the ABS questions but not in CAPSER's current format. Perhaps having the 3 questions per scenario appear subsequently on different screens, and maybe 2 min/subquestion? So I would say I wasn't able to give an accurate portrayal overall.

I think theres a fine line to walk for this.... yes u need it to be done really really quickly to reduce secondary inputs and cheaters but at the same time maybe another minute would help people formulate better responses.. I feel this methad has the potential to be a better tool then the ABS questions but not in CAPSER's current format. Perhaps having the 3 questions per scenario appear subsequently on different screens, and maybe 2 min/subquestion? So I would say I wasn't able to give an accurate portrayal overall.

Yeah I agree... I think my answers could have been significantly better with just one more minute lol

I found my personality was expressed a lot more than in an MMI. I really liked the personal questions, even though I didn't have great answers for some of them!

I agree with this, and I felt pretty good about CASPer all in all. Given 1-2 more minutes per question, I think I would have felt very confident that I was able to present an accurate portrayal of my personality on those personal questions. The challenge was coming up with good examples on the fly!

I had a brain fart for the first section and though it was 5mins per question instead of per section so I only did the first question for scenario 1. Other than that, I think it was alright. I was pressed for time and found that I was very constrained by how fast I can type.

This is definitely way better than the ABS in terms of reducing cheating (unless you get someone else to do CASPer for you too) since you don't have time to ask questions and discuss.

Hopefully they'll over look my brain fart for one sections... haha

Seems like we're getting a pretty bimodal curve so far, with slightly more people on the agree side (although probably not significant)... I'd be interested in finding out how McMaster handles situations where people's videos froze. They've gotta make it fair for them somehow... I suppose only time will tell. Does anyone know if they will tell us how we did? Or will they go straight into factoring it into our interview score?

Not like you know the other 50% either.

Thats not true, you could use your GPA and MCAT verbal to determine what portions of the 25% you knocked out already. Assuming that a 6 verbal gets you 1% and a 15 gets you 25%, you could probably figure out where you are. Same with GPA, using the minimum 3.0 as 1% and 4.0 as 25%. No?:confused:

My problem is not exactly with the test but with how it was executed. Yes, time was definitely an issue. A lot of times I just couldn't complete my sentence. I think just one more minute would have made a difference for me. But time is the same for everyone and we can't really say that this makes the exam unfair. What makes the exam unfair is that some of us had technical problems with the exam. For me, one video did not show up, so basically based on the questions I had to guess what the video was about. Also, the exam stopped for me in section 10 where I got a blurb about medicine. A couple of minutes later the blurb was still there, and I had to contact CASPer in the middle of the exam to figure out what I should do. I had to close my browser and open another one to continue with the exam. Even though the test took me back to section 10, I did not get the same blurb again, so I really don't know if I missed a question or not. Oh well...I already know that life is unfair and that there isn't anything I can do about it...so yay! CASPer is done! Now we wait. Does anyone know when we will find out about interview offers? Do ON medical schools send interview offers on the same date?

Seems like we're getting a pretty bimodal curve so far, with slightly more people on the agree side (although probably not significant)... I'd be interested in finding out how McMaster handles situations where people's videos froze. They've gotta make it fair for them somehow... I suppose only time will tell. Does anyone know if they will tell us how we did? Or will they go straight into factoring it into our interview score?
I read that and my first instinct was to calculate a test statistic. It's a sign that I need a break from stats.

Archived