Premed 101 Forums

Thoughts on the DAT in Toronto Today?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that's what I put as well. I don't remember the details but I faintly remember doing something along the lines of 10^6 * 100 / 0.1 where those three values were the given numbers in the Q.

Yes. It's a dilution question C1V1/V2 = C2.

writing at uft felt like a disaster right from 8am.

First off, they didn't let us into the building and we were left freezing for a good 45 minutes. Insanity!

By the time we actually started carving it was almost 1030. Made for an extremely long day!

Carving: the soap was yellow and all the soaps were dented or melted or something, thought that to be weird. The design was definitely a challenge especially with my marker not working after the first line lol

Also, anyone know the policy for someone getting injured while carving during the test? I think someone got hurt during our test and nothing was really done.

The room itself was freezing as well, bad lightning yes for sure too.

Does anyone know if we get 'treated differently' if we register a complaint with the cda?

Anyone else think its funny that you pay so much for a test and there are typos? like what was Op!!!

Also very glad that I was not the only one thrown off by the floating bridges, the questions were easy to misinterpret.

[quote=toronto-dentist-hopeful;517023Anyone else think its funny that you pay so much for a test and there are typos? like what was Op!!!

I got the Op question wrong as well since I did not know what is OP !!!

I think we should look into this and see if OP is a real chemitry term !! if it is not, then we can send an email and if few people do that, I am sure that question will get dropped.

I got the Op question wrong as well since I did not know what is OP !!!

I think we should look into this and see if OP is a real chemitry term !! if it is not, then we can send an email and if few people do that, I am sure that question will get dropped.

i think thats a good idea... i have found nothing in my search on what Op is....btw this question has been bugging me for a while...in the chm section there was a question asking for the gas constant to be used...was it the one with L/atm mol or J/k mol

i think thats a good idea... i have found nothing in my search on what Op is....btw this question has been bugging me for a while...in the chm section there was a question asking for the gas constant to be used...was it the one with L/atm mol or J/k mol

I think the answer for that was L/atm. As far as OP, I think it was suppose to be a Qp and it was a typo.

I am going to send them email tomorrow and see what they say.

What was the Biology question about tropomyosin and troponin and muscle !!

Was it which one binds to the Ca or which was one covers the muscle when there is no Ca ??

anyone remebers that ?

Tropomyosin covers the actin when there is no calcium. Troponin holds the tropomyosin over the myosin binding sites.

i think it was asking about the one that covers actin in absence of Calcium...

btw what was the answer to the question about what induces low micromolar Ca2+ conc in cell??

I was somewhat confused by the wording of this question. I remember them using the phrase "reach micromolar concentrations" but I wasn't sure if the concentration was increasing or decreasing. I assumed that they wanted to know what would cause the concentration to increase so I think I picked more IP3 (was that even an option?, was that A?).

I was somewhat confused by the wording of this question. I remember them using the phrase "reach micromolar concentrations" but I wasn't sure if the concentration was increasing or decreasing. I assumed that they wanted to know what would cause the concentration to increase so I think I picked more IP3 (was that even an option?, was that A?).

IP3 is the right answer.

what did everyone put for the diagram? The one with male/female gametophyte/sporophyte?

Also, there was a question involving the cortex?? i think and the options were all ions like Ca+ and Na+, anyone know the answer to that?

I completely guessed on those questions. I guessed female gametophyte and Ca2+......

Bio was a bit unreasonable. The questions were either soo simple, or something I've never heard of or seen before in the DAT prep books. I Don't come from a science background, but I knew the stuff from the books quite well!

I completely guessed on those questions. I guessed female gametophyte and Ca2+......

Bio was a bit unreasonable. The questions were either soo simple, or something I've never heard of or seen before in the DAT prep books. I Don't come from a science background, but I knew the stuff from the books quite well!

great guesses lol

the diagram was an embryo sac consisting of 8 haploid cells.

now if the question was asking what is it in the diagram, then the answer would be female gematophyte.

if the question was asking where do you find the structure in the diagram, the answer would be pistil. for some reason i interpreted the question as the latter and i picked pistil :( damn it

okay i'm pretty sure it's female gametophyte

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v415/n6871/fig_tab/415522a_F2.html

yeah I thought it was female gametophyte as well. At the same time, the question regarding what blocked myosin from binding to actin was.. tropomyosin.. The Bio section in general had a handful of random things on top of some super easy questions it was quite the experience overall lol

Archived