Premed 101 Forums

The MCCEE results were just released for all those IMGs who wrote the exam in Sept 2010.

Just wondering - how important is the actual score for Cdn IMGs in terms of chances of matching? Just like with all exam, the higher the better...but is there any cut-off for eligibility? I think most Ontario programs state that they won't consider anyone with a score less than the mean.

Have IMGs with scores less than the mean matched in Canada?

Any opinions? thoughts? experiences?

• 1 year later...
The MCCEE results were just released for all those IMGs who wrote the exam in Sept 2010.

Just wondering - how important is the actual score for Cdn IMGs in terms of chances of matching? Just like with all exam, the higher the better...but is there any cut-off for eligibility? I think most Ontario programs state that they won't consider anyone with a score less than the mean.

Have IMGs with scores less than the mean matched in Canada?

Any opinions? thoughts? experiences?

... and nobody answered you since than? sad...I would be interested ;)

I'm pretty sure most schools have a cutoff score with MCCEE for interview invites. And you have to do much better than the mean.

and if , for example...the mean is 271 and you have 275, what is the chance you will get the interview? considering an IMG , but not a canadian IMG

and if , for example...the mean is 271 and you have 275, what is the chance you will get the interview? considering an IMG , but not a canadian IMG

It depends on program. Ont FM is toughest and this years cut-off was definately higher than 350. IM programs were probably similar but there is a lot more to getting IVs such as # of years since graduating, Canadian electives, LORs. I interviewed at FM and IM and noticed # of CSA >> non CSA IMG.

It depends on program. Ont FM is toughest and this years cut-off was definately higher than 350. IM programs were probably similar but there is a lot more to getting IVs such as # of years since graduating, Canadian electives, LORs. I interviewed at FM and IM and noticed # of CSA >> non CSA IMG.

Thank you for reply,

I don't know what even to think about... I understand that the adcoms need a numerical criteria, in order to have some objective cut-offs, but EE is so irrelevant...

...and could I hope that eventually, my QE1 scores and/or QE2 could overwight the EE scores?

Archived