Premed 101 Forums

Interview invites!!

I just had a number with the same root at UBC Medicine call my cell phone...

I picked it up and it was the vancouver canadians offering me some tickets- hahaha wow was i stressed!

My mom got a phone call the other day while she was out, and the call display said UBC. She freaked out a little, I think, because she's a verifier for some (much) of my solo travel experiences.

It was something else, though.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I doubt any of us will hear from UBC today. So Who is going to start a new thread tomorrow?

Really? Do you think they can possibly fire off mass rejections exactly at 4:30 p.m.??

Also, I dunno if this is going to help,

but last year I applied to UBC (oop 3rd yr) and got rejected right away.

And I received rejection email around lunch time (more like 11:50 a.m. precisely, b/c I walked out of my last midterm of the semester just to discover a nice lovely rejection email in my inbox), on the first day that they were supposed to give out status.

So possible that they give out rejection letters first and then acceptances??

Anyone received acceptances yet?

Kind of random, but

I'm so nervous that I am very much tempted to flirt with this kind of/not really (it's complicated) significant other on facebook chat right now, which isn't something I would do under normal circumstances

4:26:55 p.m.,,,, 4 min 5 sec left until the office closes....

Kind of random, but

I'm so nervous that I am very much tempted to flirt with this kind of/not really (it's complicated) significant other on facebook chat right now, which isn't something I would do under normal circumstances

DOOOO IIIITTTT!!!!!

I have answered the phone at work twice today and said our old business name.

Sorry to hear this amh.

Do they tell you your AQ/NAQ scores in the email? I'm going to start looking at my UBC application as: objective analysis of NAQ = $175, rather than a potential chance at medical school.

OOP is tough.

Thanks HBP,

No they don't send your AQ/NAQ scores in the email but you can find them on OAS.

I should also put out there I didn't get a full file review because they took into consideration my first year (which was horrible due to illness) which brought my overall gpa down. Therefore, I didn't get a full AQ score, however, I did get a good NAQ score.

So they may be just sending out regrets*partial file reviews, today, so there may be more regrets tomorrow (not to be a downer)

OOP is tough.

And officially 4:31 p.m. PST

UBC Admin office is now closed.

Unless the emailing people have some twisted psychological issues that they programmed the emails to be sent out at midnight

Fingers crossed and Round 3: another day of long waiting, email refreshing, and premed101 terrorizing

Good night everyone!

Archived