Premed 101 Forums

Interview invites!!

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone ever called ubc admin office yesterday?

Man I am in this super boring animal certification class right now because my PI decided at the very last min that I should take this

Checking pm101 is nervewrecking but at least it helps me stay awake.

As an oop my chances are very slim but my heart still races every minute

GaaaaaaaaAaA

I know somebody who had someone call on their behalf... the person was very nice and said results will be released sometime between now and the 23rd...

On a related note- AAaagggghhhhhhhhhhhH! I'm beginning to stress about this... I just reviewed my application for the 13th time... I'm really hoping we get word back today so that I can at least try and get some work done.

I'm leaving for Manitoba tomorrow and don't really want to have to stress about this while I'm there... although, what else am I going to have to do... it's Manitoba...

Hi. I've been on self-imposed leave-of-absence/personal life issues/chronic-back-pain-worse-when-online lately.

the "Evaluation Status" thing has been there for the whole time, I know because I check at least 1-2x per week. :o

To kill 3 minutes, here is Japan's most famous cat.

Welcome back and thanks for sharing!

I think some schools send out the OOP invites first to allow the more time to make travel arrangements. Really, everything is speculation now, hopefully we all hear sooner than later :)

Just because one may be considered IP doesn't mean that they will not be making travel arrangements (I am IP but will be coming from Ontario).

I hope they don't have this logic...

Hi. I've been on self-imposed leave-of-absence/personal life issues/chronic-back-pain-worse-when-online lately.

the "Evaluation Status" thing has been there for the whole time, I know because I check at least 1-2x per week. :o

To kill 3 minutes, here is Japan's most famous cat.

missed you!

Just because one may be considered IP doesn't mean that they will not be making travel arrangements (I am IP but will be coming from Ontario).

I hope they don't have this logic...

another member suggested that it may be released alphabetically... i'm not sure if this will be the case, although it would be an easy way to organize...

i'm thinking that whatever we get (when we get it) will be on the hour or half hour... just based on all of the other mass emails they have sent out.

OK- so last year I got my "Regrets, partial file review" (which is pretty much a DQ) on Nov 27 at 10:10AM.

And I'm sure there are lots of IP who have to make travel plans. A Yukoner might be considered IP.

Besides, you have to make travel plans for Feb, in Nov, and that's a good long time to do so.

Alphabetical would be fun- but I am an "A". I always like alphabetical.:cool:

Which thread are we going to use? I suggest the other since the title is less incendiary.

I am betting on more disqualification notices today. Or maybe they are just going with student numbers or last names!!! Either way. It is a pretty mean strategy to release the scores like this. They should have told us that you will get your scores by the 23rd PERIOD. This 15-23 window makes no sense.

PS. IMO the people that were disqualified in spite of meeting all the reqs. had some sort of issues with their verifiers.

I am betting on more disqualification notices today. Or maybe they are just going with student numbers or last names!!! Either way. It is a pretty mean strategy to release the scores like this. They should have told us that you will get your scores by the 23rd PERIOD. This 15-23 window makes no sense.

PS. IMO the people that were disqualified in spite of meeting all the reqs. had some sort of issues with their verifiers.

yeah, that had been presented as a potential reason for dsq yesterday... it sucks if that is the case because you would hope to be contacted if there were any issues contacting or discrepancies in terms of what you put down vs. what your verifier is saying. in fact, i believe they say they will contact you if there are any discrepancies... but i might be wrong.

student number would be far too random... i've had mine for 7 years and i assume they are given based on registration dates with ubc so kyla would still get her notice first...

Archived