Interview invites!!

Overall academic average below 70%

MCAT below minimum requirement: 7 VR, 7 BS, 7 PS, and M WS

MCAT taken prior to April 2006

Missing MCAT

Missing transcript(s) or other required documents

Unable to complete prerequisites by April 30, 2011

Unable to complete minimum 90 credits by April 30, 2011

considering these are the criteria they gave I'd have to say it could be. My average is around 84%, definitely meet the mcat requirement, which I wrote at the end of July, all my transcripts were received, and I have all the prereqs completed and will have 90 credits completed by the end of the year. I don't really know what the story is, pretty discouraging. I don't exactly feel like they encourage people asking about their applications either.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Missing MCAT

considering these are the criteria they gave I'd have to say it could be. My average is around 84%, definitely meet the mcat requirement, which I wrote at the end of July, all my transcripts were received, and I have all the prereqs completed and will have 90 credits completed by the end of the year. I don't really know what the story is, pretty discouraging. I don't exactly feel like they encourage people asking about their applications either.

Sorry to hear that. Did you logon to the MCAT website and select that your scores be released to UBC? I know this got a friend of mine last year...

Missing MCAT

sorry to hear that Sanosuke... hope it gets fixed if there was a mistake

It's a daunting thought, but perhaps your activity verification failed?

You IP applicants gotta be feeling good. 2/3 of you get invited!

I guess I'm not nearly as anxious or stressed since I'm OOP and feel my fate is determined already--> Regrets, Not Interviewed

Missing MCAT

Wow, that is unreal. I can only imagine how crappy this is for you, Sano. It really seems like there is some sort of mistake... It sucks that they didn't tell you specifically what you were disqualified for.

Do you know if you have all the prerequisite? Or did you indicate that you will complete the prereqs by april? If you're sure you've met all the criteria, it definitely seems like it's worth inquiring about.

anyway, i hope i'm not making it worse by commenting and asking questions about it.

Perhaps they are not sending out Invites/Regrets today in order to more promptly reply to people who received Disqualified notices who have legitimate concerns that need to be dealt with (ie. people who may have mistakenly received them). But really I have no idea - just trying to rationalize the cruelty of a possible 8-day wait.

I told myself I would only check OAS twice a day and not be obsessive about it, but today is not really going as planned....

Archived