Premed 101 Forums

Interview invites!!

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey guys.

I just realized something important

Last year, the decisions came out on the 23rd of November.

Now i have a feeling that most of the rejections/invites will only be sent out on the 23rd in concordance with how things have worked in the past.

You sure about that? I recall interim stats being Nov 25 and invites Nov 27. Anyway, beyond the point here. I don't think they care to be consistent with the dates from year to year.

My gut feeling based on what schools often do: we will hear Friday afternoon and they will close shop for the weekend and open up again on Monday when they can ensure the interview date selection system will be up and working for those that will interview.

You sure about that? I recall interim stats being Nov 25 and invites Nov 27. Anyway, beyond the point here. I don't think they care to be consistent with the dates from year to year.

My gut feeling based on what schools often do: we will hear Friday afternoon and they will close shop for the weekend and open up again on Monday when they can ensure the interview date selection system will be up and working for those that will interview.

Makes sense.

This allows students who did not receive an invitation to relax over the weekend and have a calm and cool mind on Monday if they choose to call the admissions office.

Hey guys.

I just realized something important

Last year, the decisions came out on the 23rd of November.

Now i have a feeling that most of the rejections/invites will only be sent out on the 23rd in concordance with how things have worked in the past.

I got a regrets letter (full file review) on the 27th last year at 10:25 am

What is the difference between regrets partial file review and regrets full file review?

"BC applicants with an overall academic average of less than 75% and out-of-province applicants with an overall academic average of less than 80% will not receive full file reviews and thus will not proceed further through the application process. A full file review consists of a full academic evaluation, a non-academic evaluation and where appropriate, a rural/remote suitability evaluation."

With a partial file review is it possible to get an interview?? or is it just a mechanism to see what your NAQ score would be?

because so far there have only been dsq, partial file review regrets right?

no full review regrets yet?

It might be mathematically possible, but basically they don't take into account your last 60. I don't think it wuld ever happen, even if it was mathematically possible.

What is the difference between regrets partial file review and regrets full file review?

Hey- I can shed a little light, mybe, since I got a partial last year.

They did my NAQ

They gave me a overall GPA

I got no last 60 GPA

I got scores, my AQ was 6.7 or something, I assume it was based only on my overall GPA (which was very low b/c they didn't give me the 10-yr-rule).

I got scores, my AQ was 6.7 or something, I assume it was based only on my overall GPA (which was very low b/c they didn't give me the 10-yr-rule).

friendo, i hope they don't abolish the ten year rule, else I literally have no chance of getting into a Canadian school.

crossing fingers for this year

friendo, i hope they don't abolish the ten year rule, else I literally have no chance of getting into a Canadian school.

crossing fingers for this year

I am strongly considering writing a letter regarding it if I do not get an invite. I will invite others to sign it as well.

You do have chances- at particular schools, in particular ways. We can PM if you want.

I have a Shepherd too. She's 14.5 yrs old!

Archived