Premed 101 Forums

B.A. for med school??

medical

Hi,

I know that most med schools don't care what you major in just as long as you get the pre requisities done. They check your gpa and then the MCAT for an interview...at least in the U.S. .... Anyway, I was wondering, now that mcgill dont require to take the mcat, is it still possible to major in arts get

the pre req and get in? Or do science majors have higher chances getting in because

theyre in science and mcgill can't test my science skills through the mcat ??

Thanks

Hi,

I know that most med schools don't care what you major in just as long as you get the pre requisities done. They check your gpa and then the MCAT for an interview...at least in the U.S. .... Anyway, I was wondering, now that mcgill dont require to take the mcat, is it still possible to major in arts get

the pre req and get in? Or do science majors have higher chances getting in because

Thanks

Hey,

Yeah, you can do a B.A. and get into medicine. There is one medical student right now that I know who did a B.A. in Philosophy and a minor in Mathematics. I'm not exactly sure what you're asking for in the last statement.

Hi,

Thanks

Yeah, your performance in the pre-reqs is enough of a test.

Archived