Premed 101 Forums

Reference Letters

My references sent mine out early last week, and mine are still not received.

++. One of mine sent out early last week and nothing yet. By the end of the week I am thinking I will ask him to fax it in if it is not too much of a problem. I don't want to be thinking about this through the break since the deadline is early January.

Off topic: Go Dal! I loved Halifax.

One of my letters hasn't yet arrived after being sent through campus mail last Monday (Dec 6th) - I called the admissions office to find out if they had it, and the lady even checked through the most recent letters received for me. I'm going to pick up a new copy from my referee and just drop it off myself to the office in person. I have lost a little faith in the campus mail system...

• 2 weeks later...
letters can be faxed, right? Is that what's implied by the instructions at the top of the cover sheet? I told my referee to mail it just in case anyway, but if it doesn't get there soon...

Yup! When I talked to them at the office a few weeks ago they said faxing it was an option.

One of my reference letters is still not listed as received and I the office is closed until tomorrow! She sent it out in mid-December, so it might just be that it has not been entered into the application summary as the office has been closed. But if it was lost in the mail or something, will I be disqualified if I can't get in the reference letter by January 5th? I will try to get my referee to fax it, but she might be away right now.

One of my reference letters is still not listed as received and I the office is closed until tomorrow! She sent it out in mid-December, so it might just be that it has not been entered into the application summary as the office has been closed. But if it was lost in the mail or something, will I be disqualified if I can't get in the reference letter by January 5th? I will try to get my referee to fax it, but she might be away right now.

I'm in the same boat. Hopefully it's been received..

hey guys,

I just called the admissions office and they said that there is a stack of several hundred reference letters that have arrived over the holidays so it might be few days before they show up as received on Dal online.

The woman I spoke with told me to confirm that my letter was sent by my referee and if so, there is no need to worry.

otto

Thanks for the info, Otto. Who did you speak to? I got Carolyn Pelham's voicemail when I called and the message said she'd be back tomorrow. Not that I don't trust you :) I just wanted to confirm since my letter isn't showing as received either and we know how much premeds like to worry.

I e-mailed, and Tracy told me the same thing as Otto, except she didn't confirm if my reference letter was received. My referee mailed it out before and also faxed it today because I am paranoid. And ya they aren't starting to do file entry until tomorrow, so it might not show up for a while. It should be fine so try not to worry too much about it.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone else's status say "Incomplete Items Outstanding"? Even though it says it has recieved reference letters and transcripts? Except for high school transcript.

Mine does, but it's because that's the same system they use for regular undergrad admissions. So, lacking your high school transcript will make it say incomplete, but you are fine. Call if you'd like reassurance; it's what I did.

Archived