Premed 101 Forums

Reference Letters

that's all i have too

'written notification to folllow'

it probably means we've been reviewed already.

Weird. I'm OOP, so I'd have been reviewed pre-interview. I remember talking to them in September and they said not to worry about the incomplete items outstanding thing...

I went to Dal, so they automatically get my grades from the registrar, it shows my MCAT and references as received, and obviously they got my supplemental app/essay because I was interviewed...

Strange...

that's all i have too

+1. All I have is 'written notification to follow' and I am OOP. As a mentioned in another thread, I believe that their OOP decisions have most likely been made and the wait time is solely attributed to IP applicants ;)

CRAP!!

I just got an email from Carolyn that one of my references wasn't received... but when I checked before Christmas they were both received!!

Now the online site won't work. I can log back in to my completed app, but it won't continue on to the page. Can someone else try and log in and let me know if you can get back to your app?

THANK YOU!!!!!

CRAP!!

I just got an email from Carolyn that one of my references wasn't received... but when I checked before Christmas they were both received!!

Now the online site won't work. I can log back in to my completed app, but it won't continue on to the page. Can someone else try and log in and let me know if you can get back to your app?

THANK YOU!!!!!

I am still able to get in to the page where I can see that my references are received etc. if that is what you're referring to.

CRAP!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

I can access my application right now. I think the best move right now would be to call the Dal admissions directly and leave a message if there is no answer. If the references did send the letter, then the admissions should be able to contact that person directly if there is any discrepancy.

EC89

CRAP!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

I can still access the page where it confirms document receipt...

Maybe they are currently having technical issues with some of the apps since it makes no sense that your documents were once received, and are no longer...

You guys are the best. thanks a ton.

For some reason the date isn't showing up that it was received, so I'm trying frantically to get my prof to send another one via fax before Wednesday.

What a headache.... blech. I'll let you know if she gets it in... if not, I'm disqualified and an OOP spot may open up.

I don't think you will be disqualified. Dal is very friendly.

++. A major reason why I would have no reservations about moving to Halifax (if I am fortunate to have this option).

Case in point: my undergrad transcript from U/T was never received (even though I organized it to be mailed 3 weeks in advance) by the Sep 1 deadline. I received an e-mail from Carolyn 5 days later notifying me of the absence and that all would be alright if I got it in within a few days. Had to express mail in a sealed copy I had at home but they were at least accommodating.

I am sure you will be fine chrail. Fingers crossed for you. We're (OOPers) vying for the same spot you are but I'm sure everyone would agree that no one should be disqualified for bureaucratic reasons.

Good luck!

that's all i have too

It has said "Written Notification to Follow" ever since the interview for everyone (OOP and IP), you just didn't notice it earlier. It is just a default setting. Sorry if that is sad news!

OK,

The ref letter was sent via fax and I received confirmation from Carolyn that it was received.

That was just toooooo much stress at the last minute!

Thank you to all who logged in to help me out. Very, very much appreciated.

Glad to hear it! Now, no more stress until the second week of March :rolleyes: .

OK,

The ref letter was sent via fax and I received confirmation from Carolyn that it was received.

That was just toooooo much stress at the last minute!

Thank you to all who logged in to help me out. Very, very much appreciated.

Awesome news!

Archived