Premed 101 Forums

I got in

Guest Sara

Guest Sara

I just recieved the best email in the world - I got into Ottawa.

So, everyone check your email and hopefully there will be a really really great surprise there for you!!!

I am not 100% sure if I am going there. I also got into a few OP programs that are really great so...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Melissa13

Hi everyone,

It's true the email acceptances are going out...however, I just talked to the Admissions office(11:32 Ottawa time) and their server crashed this moring as the tried to send out the emails so only about five got out. They are trying desperately to get it up and running but Nicole is currently sending them one at a time in alphabetical order so don't despare just yet. I was told this cold take a few hours to do. Good luck everyone.

Guest AniyaSG

Got my email :)

Last name 'L'

---keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you Peter---

Edit: email clocked at 10:27:53-0400 (my email clock is not on EST for some reason)

Guest PeterHill0501

AniyaSG...if people could, in addition to posting the first letter of their last name...post the time they received their e-mail it would be great...

Peter

edit: P.S. I was told by admissions that ALL first round offer e-mails will be going out today by end of day today...but they are sending them manually due to the crash...

congrats M...AnyiaSG...you guys are so lucky...

Guest James Wong

NOTA BENE!!!!!!! CHECK YOUR JUNK MAIL FOLDER!!! THAT`S WHERE MY ACCEPTANCE EMAIL WAS LOCATED!!!!!

YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Good luck everybody!

James

Guest PeterHill0501

WAY TO GO JAMES...I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!

I'm afraid, based on the posts of last names and acceptances...I'm SOL for a first round offer...darn...more waiting...more stress...oh well, it's not over yet!

Peter

edit: UNLESS...FOR SOME WEIRD REASON IT'S ALPHABETICALLY BASED ON FIRST NAME?

Guest James Wong

I very well could be....I got a general letter sent to me (why it was in my junk mail folder) so maybe I was one of the 5 who received that mass email that was sent out this morning...

Can you imagine how I felt this morning while I was writing my exam.....did I care about the subjonctif or the plusque parfait? Not at all! I`m gonna stay here in Trois Rivieres cause I really enjoy learning the French...I just don`t wanna bother myself with the exams any more...I wanna take this summer easy! It`s off to europe now!

I`m rooting for you Peter, Mary and the rest from the UofO.

James

Guest sara

I know tons of people who will decline ottawa if they get another offer. Usually wait-listed people (if you even are) get in within a week or two.

Besides I am most likely giving up my spot to go to another OP school...

I have a lot of thinking to do .... I don't know how I am going to decide

Kim

Guest hmsdread

Hey all,

Just got the email myself. Made for a nice after lunch surprise. :D Hey Peter, don't worry just yet. Lots of shuffling to do still.

hmsdread

i fully agree with sara,

i know i will be declining the spot for sure...

that's at least 2 out of the 4-5 who have posted here who are likely declining....good odds for the waitlist.

Guest rizzle

did anyone's email have their name on it? i got one, but it looks like they were all blind-copied. my name didn't even appear.

Guest mtws

Reading these posts has put me on the verge of tears. No email yet and my initials are M.S. I live about a five minute walk from the admissions office and am seriously contemplating going for a walk.!!??

Would that be wrong??

I can hardly bear this waiting any longer.

M

Guest stargirl

it won't work...trust me...i'm almost positive those admissions people get some sort of special assertiveness training to deal with all of us...

but if you're going...my last name starts with o.

Guest PeterHill0501

I wonder whether the people who have received acceptances so far, since they were blind carbon-copied, aren't the ones from earlier this morning prior to the crash?

I was told by admissions that they were still looking for a few people's e-mail addresses...perhaps this could be the delay...or, perhaps, we just have to wait some more MTWS...

Peter

Guest PeterHill0501

Hey, MTWS...why dont' you call admissions to see if all of the e-mails have been sent...I'd call...but I've already called today and I hesitate to bug them anymore...

Guest James Wong

Just to put many of you at ease....I haven`t received the 2nd email yet....I received the mass BCC: letter prior to the crash. it was not a personalized letter so I bet they aren`t through the entire list yet.

James

3rd year Bsc Biochem

Guest mtws

The last thing I want to do is disturb a busy admissions office on a day like today - it strikes me as somehow impolite. But I feel a strange ethereal force pulling me toward the door. Wish me luck.

Congratulations AND/OR good luck to all of you.

M

Guest PeterHill0501

James...thanks for the info!

Has everyone that has received an email so far received the one mailed prior to the crash?

Peter

Archived