Premed 101 Forums

I got in

Guest Sara

Thanks Peter, I hope you hear the same. I Could certainly use some company in lectures up front in the geriatric row (the hearing isn't what it used to be). I have a feeling things will work out, Mary

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mtws

I'm keeping my fingers crossed but feeling rather discouraged.

For all of you accepted elsewhere, could you please reject your offers to Ottawa quickly. :) I have a sinking feeling (after reading some of your scores in the other stream) that the waitlist needs to move a whole heck of a lot for me to make it.

The baby is napping, the wife is on a twelve hour shift at the hospital, it's twenty after three on the day I've been waiting 40 days for, no emails in my inbox - I think I'll have a beer.

Hey Peter, considering your previous graciousness, you're welcome to drop by my place this weekend if you are not too busy. We can wallow together for a while. (The wife is doing three twelves - days - so I'll be home with the baby.) Drop me an email if you get a chance and we can set something up? It would be nice to meet you for sure.

Some friends are dropping by to watch the game tonight?!?

Game Sevens are must-views (Mattism).

Good Luck All.

Matt

Guest PeterHill0501

Hey Matt...I know how you feel...I'm feeling kinda similar. I can't seem to find your e-mail address. Please e-mail me.

I have the kids this weekend but would love to drop bye with them.

Peter

Guest PeterHill0501

I want to extend sincere congratulations to all those who received email today...man, it must feel great. You should feel good...whatever you have done from marks, sketch and interview perspectives has definitely paid off...you deserve it...

Now, for those who haven't received an email (including myself!)...remember...it's far from over yet...we just potentially have to wait a bit more...we've been waiting the better part of a year...what's a bit more? As I said in "'Twas the night before d-day", let's just pray the list moves fast...

Have a great sleep tonight people...

Peter

Guest AFib

Classy stuff, Peter. Very gracious.

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote>Quote:<hr> "Thanks Peter, I hope you hear the same. I Could certainly use some company in lectures up front in the geriatric row....<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END-->

Hehe. Best of luck to you, Peter <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--> "ain't over the"<!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> Hill.

(Like the nickname?)

Guest TimmyMax

Hey all,

Yeah, just to reiterate Peter's congratulations to all who were lucky enough to be chosen.

No Ottawa news in my inbox as of 7 PM, but all is not lost as of yet. No retreat, no surrender at this point- just trying to enjoy the weekend and Game 7...

And a special congrats to you, Mary! If there was anyone I met at U of O who deserved to get in, it was you! I'm very happy that you got in!

As for the rest of us in limbo, mtws, Peter, heads high and remember that anything can happen! Stay positive, stick to your vision and we will all be rewarded in time! :)

Best of luck!

Tim

Guest mtws

I have to say congrats to all also,

(While wishing I was in your shoes).

4 - 0 Detroit after 1.

Unbelievable.

So many mixed emotions.

Peter, I email'd you.

Hope you're doing all right. It's not over yet.

Matt

Guest PeterHill0501

Good afternoon everyone...

I'm sure those of you who have acceptances are by now feeling incredible relief...euphoria...and hopefully a bit of an adrenalin hangover (tease) you lucky dogs.

Those of you who didn't receive the email...I hope you're feeling a bit better today. After several stiff Cosmo's...I managed to have a great sleep...what a world of difference that made for me.

I'm feeling up again. Yesterday, after not receiving the e-mail...and trying to convince myself that they didn't actually send out all the emails...and then convincing myself that they had the wrong email address for me...and then wondering whether my filters had placed the e-mail in a different folder...and then thinking that I irritated Nicole somehow and she didn't send my letter out...and then calling sympatico to determine with their IT guys whether I had emails bounced away from my account prior to receiving them...and then FINALLY coming to grips with the fact that I actually wasn't receiving a first-round offer from U of O...I realized that the process is FAR from over yet. Thinking about the numbers for a moment...469 people got interviews at Ottawa this year...assuming, conservatively...that 1/4 of those interviewed will choose another school, if they get an offer...that leaves 352 people...Nicole mentioned that if you are in the top 200-250 on the list you have a decent chance of getting in at some point over the summer...by my calculations...there's still a great chance of getting an offer...especially since about 1/2 the people who have an offer from U of O will realize it's a crap school (smile) and turn down their offers...I have a feeling the next two weeks will uncover some nice stuff for people...let's keep our fingers crossed...

Anyway, mtws and I are going to further damage our livers tomorrow afternoon...Matt...you better get primed tonight...this ol' guy's liver aint too bad...I got a variety of beer including: Grolsh, Creemore "Premium" Lager, and some Double Diamond cooling as I type...I thought we could conduct a double-blind, completely crossed within-subjects trial, with no placebo :) , to determine the relative pharmacokinetic characteristics and bioavailability of each beer...perhaps we could publish the results to contribute to both of our "research productivity" scores!

Cheers...hiccup...

Peter

Guest mtws

Although we spent the day today at 'Cosmic Adventure', nephew's birthday party - and had some fun, - my daughter was really not up to it. She was up all last night sick. Around 2 o'clock she puked all over daddy. Nice! The joys of fatherhood. 31 May 2002 was just not my day.

Seriously hoping our letters are optimistic. Yes you can get in off the waitlist. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

Peter, my beer fridge is pretty stocked right now, but it won't be for long, glug glug glug. See you tomorrow. I'll be filling the pool around noon.

Matt

Guest PeterHill0501

...filling the pool with beer I hope...otherwise I think we should let the kids swim in it... :rollin

Peter

Guest Josiane Nawar

OMG!!!!!! I GOT INTO OTTAWA MED!!!

This is so awesome. Congrats to anyone who got in. And you ppl who are still waiting, check your junk mail folder, that's where mine ended up!! (like James... Hey, congrats James!! i called you but you weren't home.. having fun in Trois Rivieres? I'll expect your French to be perfect when you come back ;) )

So you guys are basically saying that if i got the e-mail then that means i got in? Cuz my mom was harrassing me, telling me that my name's not on it hence....

Jeez, i need peace of mind.

cheers everyone

Guest James Wong

Congrats! Oui, je suis toujours ici. J`espere que ma francais sera mieux quand je reviendrai le 14 juin! On verra.

TTYL and don`t forget to celebrate

James

Archived