Premed 101 Forums

Nephrology Info?

e_is_hv

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone had any information about this speciality. Information seems hard to come by; any information, such as difficulty to match to, hours worked, typical week in a life of, salary information, lifestyle etc, would be extremely appreciated.

As always, if anyone knows a good website with this information (or any other specialities of Internal Medicine), I would appreciate it!

Thanks so much.

i think the above information is hard to find because its so variable depending on where you work (province, city) and what kind (hospital, private). regardless, at least in vancouver it appears that most residents I've spoke to say that its almost impossible to find a job in most subspecialties here as long as it requires attachment to a hospital like GI, cards, nephro (dialysis), ID, hematology, pulm, med onc etc. The only specialties with jobs now are GIM and rheum and so most of the residents i know are all going into GIM. This is important to know when you choose IM. You need to be willing to move around the country for work or not mind fields like GIM/rheum.

Archived