Premed 101 Forums

Verifiers and Prerequisites

Guest KevinL99

Guest KevinL99

I am slowly working my way through the Ottawa autobiographical submission, and I am wondering about a couple of things. First of all, I have verifiers for the employment, and volunteer sections, but I don't know if I need to find verifiers for the extracirricular and awards sections. I was just wondering if anyone has any advice for me? Also, do prerequisites need to be first year courses(biology and social science) or can I use a second year course with a higher mark. I know some schools take the prerequisite average into account, but I am not sure if marks in prerequisite courses make a difference. Hopefully others have had the same concerns and someone can help me out!! Thank you!

When I filled the application last year I remembered not having verifiers for everything (ie. place of work that has since gone out of business, some extra-curriculars, etc.). Best advice is to be as complete as possible, and for things that you don't have a verifier for, add a note explaining why (in the verifier list). Also, for prereq's, I picked the courses that met the description and had the highest mark. I found out later that it wasn't really important, U of O just wants to confirm that you have the prereq's and then use the Weighted GPA formula to determine your GPA.

Good luck.

Archived