Premed 101 Forums

CEGEP Courses as Prerequisites

bonnechance

Hello everyone,

First time poster here! This may be a silly question, but when I am using CEGEP courses to count as my prerequisites, would my General Chemistry (NYA) and Chemistry of Solutions (NYB) courses, which were both 2.66 credits at my CEGEP, be sufficient for the minimum 6 credits of chemistry with labs?

Thanks!

Hi,

If your talking about the Med-P program, they will be looking at your NYA chem, NYB chem and Organic Chem I.

These are all 2.66 credits at cegep but are worth an equvilant McGill credit course for 3 credits each. Organic might actually be 4 (not sure but not important).

in Chemistry

* a minimum six (6) credits of general (or physical) chemistry coursework, with labs,

* a minimum three (3) credits of organic chemistry coursework, with labs;

Thats from the McGill website.

Hope it helps!

Edit: btw not a silly question at all. Their website isn't totally clear. If you've done NYA NYB and organic I, your all set for chem prereqs. Good luck!

Hi Bonnechance,

Yeah, I am pretty sure those pre-reqs are sufficient for MDCM program. I did CEGEP and I got exempt from General Chemistry at McGill because I already completed those classes (NYA, NYB) in CEGEP. In the CEGEP system, those classes are 2.66 credits.

*Just make sure those grades are not more than 8 years old, in which case I believe you have to do the MCAT. But otherwise, you are fine.

Archived