Premed 101 Forums

+1

And I think they only let you do this once in your undergrad.

"A full-time academic year where the equivalent of four (4) full-year courses is taken is accepted and counted in the WGPA calculation only if the missing course/credit is completed either as an additional course within another academic year or as a summer course. Individual courses taken during a summer session are accepted for the credit value in this instance however the mark obtained is not counted in the calculation of the WGPA. Any year with less than four full-year courses will not count as a full-time year of study. A full-time summer semester does not replace a semester of studies within an academic year."

Maybe I'm misreading this, but I don't believe there is a one year limit. Also, what does "additional course" mean? Does it mean in addition to 5 fce? Also, it just says "another academic year" without precise info about when it should be taken. I would call the school to double check... :S

+1

And I think they only let you do this once in your undergrad.

are u sure that you can only do that for one year? I think you can do it for as many years as you want.... assuming u meet the additional summer course to make it a full course load in the end.

are u sure that you can only do that for one year? I think you can do it for as many years as you want.... assuming u meet the additional summer course to make it a full course load in the end.
The website makes it seem like you can do it as many years as you want. However, I was talking to someone on the admissions committee and they said they want to compare applicants to each other. So someone who took a full course load (5 classes) and got good grades looks better than someone who took 4 classes + 1 summer class and got the same grades as the other person. But, they accept that sometimes you can't take a full course load, so if you take 4 + 1 summer for 1 year, and then full course load for the other years, it looks ok, rather than having to take summer courses every year.

Then again, who really knows what they're thinking. *shrugs*

The website makes it seem like you can do it as many years as you want. However, I was talking to someone on the admissions committee and they said they want to compare applicants to each other. So someone who took a full course load (5 classes) and got good grades looks better than someone who took 4 classes + 1 summer class and got the same grades as the other person. But, they accept that sometimes you can't take a full course load, so if you take 4 + 1 summer for 1 year, and then full course load for the other years, it looks ok, rather than having to take summer courses every year.

Then again, who really knows what they're thinking. *shrugs*

Hmm...so what happens if someone took a full course load during the year + summer courses?:rolleyes:

"A full-time academic year where the equivalent of four (4) full-year courses is taken is accepted and counted in the WGPA calculation only if the missing course/credit is completed either as an additional course within another academic year or as a summer course. Individual courses taken during a summer session are accepted for the credit value in this instance however the mark obtained is not counted in the calculation of the WGPA. Any year with less than four full-year courses will not count as a full-time year of study. A full-time summer semester does not replace a semester of studies within an academic year."

Am I understanding the wording correctly... if someone were to do 6.0 credits in one year (perhaps due to extra lab classes) would 4.0 credits in the following year be acceptable for inclusion in the WGPA?

It "Could" be possible. The opposit would be more logical if you were to explain it. " you took 4 courses then you took 6 to adjust what you missed. But take 6 in advance preparing to take 4 seems weired.

Guys, you're asking if it is possible to do 3 years in a row with 4+1, then Yes it is "accepted" as part of "a system requirements" , but remember there are humain beeing behind this, and to those humains it doesn't look as neat as doing 5 regulary (and maybe once you've been forced to take 4+1)

You kinda look a lot less honest pathway to the person who's evaluating, it look like someone who's obsessed with gpa and that has been trying to do all kind of things to keep it high!

It "Could" be possible. The opposit would be more logical if you were to explain it. " you took 4 courses then you took 6 to adjust what you missed. But take 6 in advance preparing to take 4 seems weired.

Guys, you're asking if it is possible to do 3 years in a row with 4+1, then Yes it is "accepted" as part of "a system requirements" , but remember there are humain beeing behind this, and to those humains it doesn't look as neat as doing 5 regulary (and maybe once you've been forced to take 4+1)

You kinda look a lot less honest pathway to the person who's evaluating, it look like someone who's obsessed with gpa and that has been trying to do all kind of things to keep it high!

That's kind of what I was getting at in my post. Adcoms would rather compare apples to apples than to oranges.

Archived