Premed 101 Forums

current gpa cut off's

Related question: Was it 3.87 for non-ottawa applicants last yr? And is there any place where this is posted? I haven't been able to find anything on UOttawa's site.

yeah you won't find it posted anywhere, I havn't found it on their website. I thought I heard it was 3.85 last year... not sure though. I hope it doesnt go much above 3.85 this year.

yeah you won't find it posted anywhere, I havn't found it on their website. I thought I heard it was 3.85 last year... not sure though. I hope it doesnt go much above 3.85 this year.

Yea, I heard it was 3.85 too. A rise is going to be ridiculous.

Yeah, I must have read your post earlier.

It's strange though, since supafeld was invited with a 3.85, and he contacted Ottawa and they also said the cut-off was 3.85.

Perhaps you've miscalculated your wGPA?

Definitely possible but I'm giving chrail the benefit of the doubt.

3.83 versus 3.85 makes a surprisingly huge difference for the 3.84 student like me...I guess we will see soon enough if anyone w/ a sub 3.85 gets an interview at U of O this year.

Hey HBP,

Trust me, I've calculated my wGPA over and over again in hopes that it was higher ;) ... unfortunately it's still a 3.833333....

The only other thing I can think of is that I have a course based masters degree with a good GPA. That would pull my wGPA up, but I have specifically asked Ottawa on two different occasions if they would consider these grades, and both times the answer was "absolutely not".

So who knows....

that goes straight to voice mail

Western's did too earlier, but not when I tried again. That could just mean it's busy, or they're out to lunch. Or ignoring our calls, haha.

I would hate to work in an admissions office around this time of year.

So I called the number once again just before closing time and got a response. She said largely the cut offs didnt change from last year and I think she said the interview invites will go out Jan 31st...email perhaps? (dont hold me to that date it could change perhaps but I doubt it)

OOP 3.87

In province out of Ottawa stands at 3.85

Ottawa area in province 3.7

*these are all quoted as wgpa's

Those were the cut offs I asked for. Sorry, I forgot about the french streams.

Are these any differnet from other years? I think its the same.....

So I called the number once again just before closing time and got a response. She said largely the cut offs didnt change from last year and I think she said the interview invites will go out Jan 31st...email perhaps? (dont hold me to that date it could change perhaps but I doubt it)

OOP 3.87

In province out of Ottawa stands at 3.85

Ottawa area in province 3.7

*these are all quoted as wgpa's

Those were the cut offs I asked for. Sorry, I forgot about the french streams.

Are these any differnet from other years? I think its the same.....

Same as last year then.

Anyone got an idea about French Stream??!

I heard it was weirdly low (arround 3,65 or 3,7). Am I wrong?

It is lower than the english stream. 3.70 was for people from Ottawa, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was 3.65 for French. You can call/email to find out. Or use the search function on this site to see what it was last year.

A little bit of a thread hijack, but does anyone know whether applicants are still segregated by residency after meeting cut offs? Or are all applicants essentially on even ground once the interviews commence?

Edit: never mind, got my answer a few threads down!

Now another question: does UOttawa follow my university's credit weighting scheme when calculating wGPA? (I.E., a four-credit course has 33% more weight than a three-credit course. I calculated it like that and I'm on the precipice of 3.87! Hopefully the cutoff doesn't change next year. :)

Even ground.

The only problem is that GPA is used to break tiebreaks after interview scores (which are numerical, and likely to be the same among a lot of applicants). So naturally, OOP and IP non-ottawa will be more likely to be above in this case.

Archived