Premed 101 Forums

current gpa cut off's

Yeah, I must have read your post earlier.

It's strange though, since supafeld was invited with a 3.85, and he contacted Ottawa and they also said the cut-off was 3.85.

Perhaps you've miscalculated your wGPA?

Doesn't OMSAS tell you your wGPA? I was assuming they did.....

Or does the school calculate it just for their own purposes and doesn't formally inform you of it?

(I'm yet to apply at all)

Doesn't OMSAS tell you your wGPA? I was assuming they did.....

Or does the school calculate it just for their own purposes and doesn't formally inform you of it?

(I'm yet to apply at all)

Well, you know what they say about assuming.

But HBP is right. You only know your cGPA. They don't ever tell you what your calculated wGPA officially is.

It is lower than the english stream. 3.70 was for people from Ottawa, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was 3.65 for French. You can call/email to find out. Or use the search function on this site to see what it was last year.

For the French stream, is it the same cut-off for everyone ? ie. French OOP will have the same cut-off then French IP or Ottawa...

For the French stream, is it the same cut-off for everyone ? ie. French OOP will have the same cut-off then French IP or Ottawa...

there are two separate divisions within the french stream. one stream is for those students who reside in Ontario and Quebec applying for the french program. the cutoff last year was 3.67. the second is the CNFS stream (consortium national de formation en sante), this is for those applicants applying to the french program from outside of Quebec and Ontario (i.e., rest of Canada). the cutoff last year was 3.6.

Archived