Premed 101 Forums

What do you do to stay healthy?

Cerena

Here are some things I do:

1) exercise (I love to do dance, thnx to Kyla's thread I'm busting my butt to the gym tmrw to start running again)

2) have a healthy vegetarian diet and ONLY drink water (I've been a baking professionally since age 7 though, so I get urges to bake at least once a week. I try to give away most of it though ;) )

3) take supplements (calc, vit d, fish oil, multivitamin, bilberry)

4) regular sleep cycle

5) do mental puzzles and exercises

6) do not drink alcohol... But I cook with cooking wine.

7) do not eat processed foods, microwave dinners, etc. I like to cook and I like to use fresh veggies.

8) no caffeine... Makes me jittery

All I can think of right now though. Curious what other members do :)

Hm. I used to work as a personal trainer and running coach for many years. I stayed very healthy for a long time, so I don't feel my "real age" now. :)

-vitamins (multi, vitD, CaMg, greens+, omega-3)

-follow the diet that seems to work best for me, which is high protein and low fat

-exercise as much as I can, but still stay realistic about goals

-pet and love my animals

-try to sleep at least 8hrs nightly

-drink water, a lot

-never had a smoke

-do my rehab and work on muscle imbalances

My vice:

-caffeine and other performance enhancers. Some might be able to read what my avatar says. I did quit once, but now I'm just worse than ever. i've accepted the fact that i am either going to be studying or working hard for the rest of my life, and that caffeine is here to stay. Besides, it makes me happy and makes me jump around like this guy: http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1945293

lots of water and fiber

...can't cut the caffeine though...makes me twitch a lot though :P

Here are some things I do:

1) exercise (I love to do dance, thnx to Kyla's thread I'm busting my butt to the gym tmrw to start running again)

2) have a healthy vegetarian diet and ONLY drink water (I've been a baking professionally since age 7 though, so I get urges to bake at least once a week. I try to give away most of it though ;) )

3) take supplements (calc, vit d, fish oil, multivitamin, bilberry)

4) regular sleep cycle

5) do mental puzzles and exercises

6) do not drink alcohol... But I cook with cooking wine.

7) do not eat processed foods, microwave dinners, etc. I like to cook and I like to use fresh veggies.

8) no caffeine... Makes me jittery

All I can think of right now though. Curious what other members do :)

Mmmm coffee

- This is going to sound dorky, but oh well: I laugh often... I try not to take myself too seriously and usually can laugh at myself min 2x a day and add to that other random situations.

- I don't eat 3 "big" meals a day, this just doesn't jive with my system, instead I eat 5-6 small meals a day (with a whole lot of fruit + prot.).

- I'm not a great cook, but the sushi and thai restaurant next to my place is amazing.

- I do things that make me happy (workout, sleep, spend time with friends, learn, etc.).

i also laugh...A LOT

Mmmm coffee

- This is going to sound dorky, but oh well: I laugh often... I try not to take myself too seriously and usually can laugh at myself min 2x a day and add to that other random situations.

- I don't eat 3 "big" meals a day, this just doesn't jive with my system, instead I eat 5-6 small meals a day (with a whole lot of fruit + prot.).

- I'm not a great cook, but the sushi and thai restaurant next to my place is amazing.

- I do things that make me happy (workout, sleep, spend time with friends, learn, etc.).

I stop eating when I feel full.

I road cycle, play outdoor sports with my bros (all 6 of them), and enjoy hitting the gym whenever possible.

I spend most of my exam study time playing basketball or ice hockey, and it seems to work fine.

-I cook all my meals. I don't add salt to anything. I bought tortilla chips that have 5 mg of sodium in 30 chips. Outstanding.

-I drink ungodly amounts of coffee but I don't take cream or sugar, just milk.

-I cook with extra virgin olive oil only

-I bike 8 km downhill to work (30 minutes in the morning and 8 km uphill home (45 minutes after work) Mon-Fri.

-I snowboard relatively frequently

-I like to unwind the end of my day by playing absolutely mindless video games.

-When no one is around my lab, I usually dance. I started dancing a bit when people are around now, as well

Copulate. Come on people.

+1

Also drink

meatwater.jpg

Jp, that image is nastyyyy!

-I cook all my meals. I don't add salt to anything. I bought tortilla chips that have 5 mg of sodium in 30 chips. Outstanding.

Please tell me what brand of chips these are. Also, When I cook for myself I rarely use salt too.

-I drink ungodly amounts of coffee but I don't take cream or sugar, just milk.I have a prof from Newfoundland who used to put caffeine from his lab into his coffee. He drinks ~8 cups a day.

-I cook with extra virgin olive oil only Same here! Everything tastes better that way.

-I bike 8 km downhill to work (30 minutes in the morning and 8 km uphill home (45 minutes after work) Mon-Fri.O.o

-I snowboard relatively frequently

-I like to unwind the end of my day by playing absolutely mindless video games.

-When no one is around my lab, I usually dance. I started dancing a bit when people are around now, as well. Dancing is wonderful

[

Archived