Premed 101 Forums

What do you do to stay healthy?

Cerena

LOL I can't stop laughing!

At first, I didn't really get it, but then I watched the "HOT THANKSGIVING DANCE!!!" and the "IPAD BOOTY SHAKIN'!!". Too funny!

K, totally not the same thing (i.e. person dancing in lab), but when I saw Mike's post, I thought of this:

It always makes me smile.

In my opinion:

- exercise every day or at least walk 30 minutes a day!

- eat healthy;

- drink only water and at least 2 liters a day;

- try not to get overstressed ;

- laugh as much as you can - your abdominal muscles will love it;

- make sex at least once a day;

- dance;

- be happy :D

Cheers,

Here are some things I do:

1) exercise (I love to do dance, thnx to Kyla's thread I'm busting my butt to the gym tmrw to start running again)

2) have a healthy vegetarian diet and ONLY drink water (I've been a baking professionally since age 7 though, so I get urges to bake at least once a week. I try to give away most of it though ;) )

3) take supplements (calc, vit d, fish oil, multivitamin, bilberry)

4) regular sleep cycle

5) do mental puzzles and exercises

6) do not drink alcohol... But I cook with cooking wine.

7) do not eat processed foods, microwave dinners, etc. I like to cook and I like to use fresh veggies.

8) no caffeine... Makes me jittery

All I can think of right now though. Curious what other members do :)

Why a veg diet? Are those proved to be healthier?

For a guy, and especially a guy looking to become big I think meats are hard to substitute in a diet.

But otherwise cheers for your efforts!

Why a veg diet? Are those proved to be healthier?

For a guy, and especially a guy looking to become big I think meats are hard to substitute in a diet.

But otherwise cheers for your efforts!

Well, I'm not a nutritionist! But, I said healthy vegetarian diet because I didn't just want to write "vegetarian" diet. Not all vegetarian diets are healthy, they can be realllllly bad if your not careful... but I eat beans, eggs, and/or tofu every day. I've talked to my doctor about what to eat and I try my best. If you don't make an effort to eat protein it can be unhealthy.

The reason I'm a vegetarian is because I don't like the taste of meat. I know, I've watched PETA videos and I love animals, but that isn't the main reason. And consequently, I don't get angry when I go out for dinner and everyone else eats meat. But yeah, if you are a guy and you need lots of protein, AND you like meat, being nonveggie is fine. :) Just try not to eat unhealthy foods.

Archived