Premed 101 Forums

waiting for marks for April

Guest Ollie

Guest Ollie

Is anyone else counting the days until marks are up for April?? (June 24th). It's killing me!! Last night I had a dream that I got all threes! I hope there's someone who sympathizes with me!

Guest UTMed07

I know the feeling. I still remember when I was waiting--it is part of the MCAT. :x I think some of the other tests (GMAT?) you know when you walk-out.

Guest LIPOSUCTIONATOR

Ollie, I am also awaiting my MCAT scores on June 24. Although this was my 2nd time writing it, and I put in less than half the amount of study than I did when I wrote it during the summer, I felt that I did better this time round. One good thing about the April MCAT is that if you do well enough, you don't need to agonize over the wait in the fall when the scores come on-line very close to the application deadline.

In case you didn't know, as long as your GPA is reasonable (>3.7), and your sciences are acceptable (10s across), a 10 in verbal gets you an automatic interview at Queens and a Q in writing sample gets you an automatic interview at Western. This is assuming that the strength of the applicant pool remains relatively stable, which I hope it will.

Lipo

Just to clarify, I am pretty sure you don't automatically get an interview at Western if you get a Q in writing. You have to meet the GPA cut-off, whatever it is that particular year, and you have to meet each individual MCAT cut-off (ie. verbal, writing, bio, phys). The info about the cut-offs is on their website.

Guest therealcrackers

That's right. For Western this year, cuts were GPA >3.70 in your best year (and to get an acceptance, you had to have >3.70 in your two best years), and on the MCAT 9 9 9 Q. Those numbers for the class of 2008 (next admission cycle) will be determined in late January 2004, based on the strength of the next applicant pool.

Good luck on the 24th!

Guest Mala2003

Does anyone know how to get one's "user name and password" for the Testing History page on AAMC's website? I don't remember making my own user name or password! Will we be provided with one sometime this week? How do I access the April scores on the 24th????? (panic mode sets in!)

Guest Ollie

Hi Mala2003,

I had the same experience as you. I could not remember making up a user name when I registered for the MCAT. I tried every possible combination for user name and password that I could think of, and none worked. So I just registered again, and it asks you for your address, SIN, when you wrote, etc, to match you up with your mark I guess. Hopefully next tuesday it will give me a mark or I will be phoning the AAMC in a panic! Good luck on the 24th!

Guest Mala2003

Thanks Ollie! I finally managed to get my username and password. Do you think there is even the slightest of chance that they would post the scores up before June 24th?:D

Archived