Premed 101 Forums

Are you allowed to change interview date?

I got an interview at queen's as well and was wondering if McMaster would allow me to change my Apr 2 nd interview to March 26 or 27, which would save me at least 600 dollars in flights if I can put the two interviews in one weekend.... Has this happened to anyone before??:confused:

I got an interview at queen's as well and was wondering if McMaster would allow me to change my Apr 2 nd interview to March 26 or 27, which would save me at least 600 dollars in flights if I can put the two interviews in one weekend.... Has this happened to anyone before??:confused:

yea that's a bummer .... unfortunately McMaster is very rigid on rescheduling interview dates :(

congrats on getting an interview though and good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Our exam schedule came out the other day, and it turns out I have an exam at the same time as my interview. The only option for rescheduling the exam is to write in November, but as I probably won't be living in Ottawa at that time, it makes it kind of tough.

Does anyone think I might be able to change my interview to accomodate my exam? It's not a course I require but it's something I'd like to have.

Thoughts?

Our exam schedule came out the other day, and it turns out I have an exam at the same time as my interview. The only option for rescheduling the exam is to write in November, but as I probably won't be living in Ottawa at that time, it makes it kind of tough.

Does anyone think I might be able to change my interview to accomodate my exam? It's not a course I require but it's something I'd like to have.

Thoughts?

doesn't hurt to ask .....

Thoughts?

Call/email them, explain the situation, and see what Mac says. I'm sure people ask for another interview date all the time.

Just called. Apparently they don't make any exceptions to the rule and no changes are allowed. Guess I'm dropping my course :(
That sucks. Maybe you should talk to your prof. I know that officially there's a deferred exam period, but last year I knew a girl who had something major going on the day of her final. She totally could have written her final, but she felt like she wouldn't be able to give the exam her maximum attention. So she talked to the prof and he let her write it the day before, unofficially.

That sucks. Maybe you should talk to your prof. I know that officially there's a deferred exam period, but last year I knew a girl who had something major going on the day of her final. She totally could have written her final, but she felt like she wouldn't be able to give the exam her maximum attention. So she talked to the prof and he let her write it the day before, unofficially.

The first thing I did was talk to the prof. But it's the French language certification course, and apparently they won't administer the exam during the defered period, just let me write at the one in November.

Thanks for the advice though :)

Archived