Premed 101 Forums

IP twitter updates!

MedPen

Thank you all for the updates and interpretations!

Indeed I hope the 2000 is the number of total applications the Office has processed (which means it includes the International and Other Provinces), rather than the In-Province alone. I recall that the Francophone universities received more than 1500 applications every year for their medical programmes.

750 In-Province-Applications, half of the Francophone ones, sounds very reasonable considering McGill's reputation and its application policies. Further, according to the "File Review Process" posted, the 750 falls within the [200X4=800, 200X6=1200] range, which means all applications will probably be considered, as opposed to what was done to our Out-of-Province colleagues.

Although the success rate remains the same (interview to admission), I think the people invited for interviews may be more competitive this year.

Anyway, I can imagine how hard the Office works to meet the deadline. Good luck to all of us!

I totally agree with you on that. Even though the MCAT removal for this year seems to have attracted more applicants for the medical program, McGilll's admission procedures still remain very stringent and thus not everyone will want to go through finding reference letters, write an autobiographical letter and etc. whereas in the other French universities, sending your transcript is (almost) the only required thing to do.

Nonetheless, I personally think (like many other people) that McGill will consider all the applications that they've received and not only go with a strict GPA cut-off since they clearly mention on their website that they want more than just someone that can bring As everywhere.

Wish all the best to all applicants and don't lose hope :)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do the e-mails only get sent to people who get an interview? If so, MedPen is really confident! :P

Hahahaha, you're right. Emails do only get sent to those who get invites. I am just hoping! Either way, I'll tell you when emails get sent or when Minerva statuses change to "rejected".

Hahahaha, you're right. Emails do only get sent to those who get invites. I am just hoping! Either way, I'll tell you when emails get sent or when Minerva statuses change to "rejected".

Really?! I thought that they would send an email to all applicants regardless if they have the interview or not...

Ok so this means, that I am now going to be on Minerva Thursday night doing a ton of "refresh page" :P

Who else here applied to the new non-trad pathway category?

Nope. Just to those who get invites. The rest should get a Minerva status change saying "refused".

Ok so this means, that I am now going to be on Minerva Thursday night doing a ton of "refresh page" :P

Who else here applied to the new non-trad pathway category?

There was some talk on here that Minerva wasn't being updated right away and that you'd get the e-mail first (if you get an interview).

Don't let that stop you from endlessly refreshing...but maybe do that for your inbox instead! :P

Why not just wait till the next day and open your e-mail then to see if you're accepted or not. It will be kind of like opening a christmas present :D.

Also, lets say you find out you have been denied @ 1 AM or w/e the time is they release that info, you can bet you wont get any sleep that night lol.

Yah, I saw that... just don't want to jinx it ;)

There was some talk on here that Minerva wasn't being updated right away and that you'd get the e-mail first (if you get an interview).

Don't let that stop you from endlessly refreshing...but maybe do that for your inbox instead! :P

Why not just wait till the next day and open your e-mail then to see if you're accepted or not. It will be kind of like opening a christmas present :D.

Also, lets say you find out you have been denied @ 1 AM or w/e the time is they release that info, you can bet you wont get any sleep that night lol.

Knowing myself, there's no way I could sleep that night. I would be too stressed and would ABSOLUTELY have to check my email lol

That's probably what I'll end up doing. I bet a lot of people on here would rather know immediately though. And IMO it would be much harder to sleep on uncertainty, rather than a positive/negative outcome!

Just got a Twitter update on my phone:

"BE ADVISED: We may may not be able to meet our stated deadlines (for intvs) it may have to wait until after the weekend. Will reasses tomrrw"

I saw that :( It's good that they told us, bad that it might have to wait until Monday.

hmmm, not sure we should be surprised.

Now, the plan is to fill our weekend with a ton of activities :)

Just got a Twitter update on my phone:

"BE ADVISED: We may may not be able to meet our stated deadlines (for intvs) it may have to wait until after the weekend. Will reasses tomrrw"

Maybe they weren't expecting such a high increase in the number of applications (just a guess)

I am surprised they didn't move up the application deadline. 3 weeks doesn't seem like enough time to sort out the applications and then evaluate them.

Ya, here's to hoping that they're done by Friday!

The deadline is entirely self-imposed, so it's strange that they made it so tight. They undoubtedly expected an increase in application volume.

By the way, did anyone else notice that from time to time they'll post something on Twitter then delete it? Like at 7:25, they posted "OK. Good night everyone. We'll start fresh tomorrow", but that seems to be gone.

By the way, did anyone else notice that from time to time they'll post something on Twitter then delete it? Like at 7:25, they posted "OK. Good night everyone. We'll start fresh tomorrow", but that seems to be gone.

I saw that too, since their tweets get texted to my phone. Probably got removed since it shows how much of a mess it is this year if they're working that late. At least it seems like they're putting in the extra effort to get things done ASAP.

Archived