Premed 101 Forums

mcgill has the worst admission committee

joman

Calm down. I am pissed too that I didn't get an interview but I don't think ranting about the ad com is the best thing to do... They're just people. I don't agree with all of their choices or ways of doing it either but calling them incompetent is a bit much...

seriously, it's past their deadline and yet no news of rejection.. PLEASE SEND MY REJECTION....It's just terrible and whoever is in charge of the adimission committee is incompetent and has no sense of leadership...

I remember my year it took a very long time for official rejections to go out to some applicants. While I know this is annoying... there were schools I applied to where I never heard anything.... and assumed I got rejected at some point.

Now I do know of a year at mcgill where they offered their acceptances... went down their entire waitlist and then still had spots leftover (the result of not inviting enouhg applicants to interview). They called back students who they had initially rejected, interviewed them and accepted. Since then, they always keep some people in a grey zone before rejecting them.... so a similar situation does not recur.

seriously, it's past their deadline and yet no news of rejection.. PLEASE SEND MY REJECTION....It's just terrible and whoever is in charge of the adimission committee is incompetent and has no sense of leadership...

are you IP? if you haven't got an email, doesn't that mean you are invited to the interview?

Calm down buddy, McGill has pretty much always sent out the acceptances for the interviews before the rejections. Sometimes, people can't make it to the interview or something happens and they have interview spots left and that allows them to invite more students. I know of 3 cases where people have been called literally last minute to show up for interviews and they hadn't been officially rejected yet.

I suspect that the OP is referring to not having their status updated at all, when theoretically, people who are still in the running have already had their statuses updated to "Reviewed - Decision Pending" (interview waitlist), and those who aren't have already been fully refused. Joman, does it still say "Ready for review"?

I hope that this doesn't degenerate into bashing. I'm sure that the adcom works hard and means well. But yes, as MedPen said, something is often left to be desired. I think that they would do well to emit a stronger image of thoroughness -- leaving people in complete limbo is at best inconsiderate and at worst unprofessional. I'm also surprised that people aren't more upset about the invitation email gaffe. Even if it was a genuine technical glitch, it was a pretty major error. I guess people were just too happy about learning that they had an interview to be upset!

Archived