Premed 101 Forums

Resident transfer between rural family medicine to urban family

Hey there, I'm really interested in the rural lethbridge and medicine hat programs as I think rural family medicine will provide great training. One thing that worries me is the isolation of these programs. I feel that I will be able to integrate well but if I do become really isolated, is it possible to transfer between family medicine programs from rural to urban Calgary. With small group of residents, it really depends on how well people get along in the residency group.

I'd appreciate your input into this and ask if you know anyone who has had to transfer between rural to urban family medicine.

Thanks,

Hey there, I'm really interested in the rural lethbridge and medicine hat programs as I think rural family medicine will provide great training. One thing that worries me is the isolation of these programs. I feel that I will be able to integrate well but if I do become really isolated, is it possible to transfer between family medicine programs from rural to urban Calgary. With small group of residents, it really depends on how well people get along in the residency group.

I'd appreciate your input into this and ask if you know anyone who has had to transfer between rural to urban family medicine.

Thanks,

Thanks,

Thanks,

• 3 weeks later...

Archived