Premed 101 Forums

CaRMS and failing! Help!!

rock234

Hey guys,

Pre-clerk med student here wondering something. I fear I might have failed a per-clerkship block, and I am wondering the implications. I know from my school, if i pass the remediation I will be in the clear (ie no marks of any sort on transcript or Dean's letter). However, I was wondering what will happen on my CaRMS app. Will there be a section on the carms app asking if I've ever failed a course? If so, how would I go about answering?

Thanks for the help!

Hey guys,

Pre-clerk med student here wondering something. I fear I might have failed a per-clerkship block, and I am wondering the implications. I know from my school, if i pass the remediation I will be in the clear (ie no marks of any sort on transcript or Dean's letter). However, I was wondering what will happen on my CaRMS app. Will there be a section on the carms app asking if I've ever failed a course? If so, how would I go about answering?

Thanks for the help!

Not sure how it is at your school, but at UWO we have p/f/and pass with remediation, i.e. it does show that you have failed but remediated to improve.

It's something that isn't specifically asked on the app and sometimes gets missed by schools but that you should be ready to address.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the help!

depends the school. I am in a school in the prairies. We have pass fail. so nope not in the transcript. carms has no special section, unless you want to tell them...you could technically create a section. hehe

at UWO we have p/f/and pass with remediation, i.e. it does show that you have failed but remediated to improve.

My school is P/F and only has Pass w/ remediation for clerkship blocks. So hopefully its not something I have to worry too much about. Thanks for all your help guys

my school has no pass w/ remediation. it won't show if you pass your remedial exam. it seems like there is quite a variety out there. in retrospect, this is should be a very important factor to consider when one is choosing between multiple acceptances.

i know people who failed blocks. here it doesn't even show up on your transcript if you pass the remedial final, no one knows about it at all. if you can't pass the re-medial final you repeat the year (i know someone who had to do this) and it stays on your record. it's diff from school to school though.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the help!

Archived