Premed 101 Forums

Awesome interview story

So im sitting in calgary airport and just finished my ucalg interview. I wanted to share a bit about my experience.

Just prior to reading my 3rd scenario i kneeled down to grab a piece of paper. Then i heard the loudest "riiiiiiiiiip". Yup - blew out the entire crotch of my pants - during my 2 minutes to read the prompt.

The students volunteering assured me you couldnt see anything, so i finshed up my mmi. They told me after you "could see it now" and i ended up in the bathroom duct taping my suit pants to avoid an indecent exposure charge (thankfully i wore dark boxers). Im reasonably confident i showed one of my interviewers my underwear.

Anyways i thought this would be a funny story to share to help take the nerves off of others - it might not be as bad as you think! Also a shoutout to 1st years for really helping me out.

For those in my track who i told the story - now you my pm101 alter ego!

Oh lord - good for you for rolling with it.

One of my friends told me a story about her friend's U of T interview - as she walked into the panel room, her heel got caught in her pants and she pulled down her pants in front of the panel. She ended up getting in.

Hope that makes you feel a bit better :)

just loled at the airport

So im sitting in calgary airport and just finished my ucalg interview. I wanted to share a bit about my experience.

Just prior to reading my 3rd scenario i kneeled down to grab a piece of paper. Then i heard the loudest "riiiiiiiiiip". Yup - blew out the entire crotch of my pants - during my 2 minutes to read the prompt.

The students volunteering assured me you couldnt see anything, so i finshed up my mmi. They told me after you "could see it now" and i ended up in the bathroom duct taping my suit pants to avoid an indecent exposure charge (thankfully i wore dark boxers). Im reasonably confident i showed one of my interviewers my underwear.

Anyways i thought this would be a funny story to share to help take the nerves off of others - it might not be as bad as you think! Also a shoutout to 1st years for really helping me out.

For those in my track who i told the story - now you my pm101 alter ego!

I have a post-interview story here.... I just realized last night (Monday) that I left my suit in the closet at the hotel in Calgary!!! It is the only suit I own and I have my interview at Queen's this weekend!

I was packing up on Sunday and was waiting to put it in my suitcase at the last minute to minimize wrinkles, and I forgot it. I can't believe I'm such an idiot! I called the hotel and they had found it in the room (why didn't they try to contact me??!?!), thank goodness. I called Purolator today and arranged for them to go pick it up, pack it and express ship it to me. But at least I didn't forget it on the way there!

Maverick - That is hilarious and props to you for handling it so well.. I kinda have one as well, but no where near as bad... I was taking a quick drink of water before I went into the room and I spilt it all over my shirt. It just kind of looked like my shirt was stained for a few stations till it dried - oh well!

I had sent my story to Dr. Walker because I thought it fit in well with his statement "The MMI stops for no man or woman". Looks like it made the blog:

http://mdadmissions.ucalgaryblogs.ca/2011/03/03/post-mmi-thoughts-and-conversations/

We'll need to start up an MMI Follies thread one of these days. Seems like I'm not the only one who's done something silly during an MMI.

I had sent my story to Dr. Walker because I thought it fit in well with his statement "The MMI stops for no man or woman". Looks like it made the blog:

http://mdadmissions.ucalgaryblogs.ca/2011/03/03/post-mmi-thoughts-and-conversations/

We'll need to start up an MMI Follies thread one of these days. Seems like I'm not the only one who's done something silly during an MMI.

That is just fantastic. He has given me permission to use that story in the future, and I will. Anyone who can have that happen and keep on going clearly has at least one or two attributes that recommend him for a career in medicine.

Awesome!

lol. Now you'll be infamous Mav!

• 4 weeks later...
I have a post-interview story here.... I just realized last night (Monday) that I left my suit in the closet at the hotel in Calgary!!! It is the only suit I own and I have my interview at Queen's this weekend!

I was packing up on Sunday and was waiting to put it in my suitcase at the last minute to minimize wrinkles, and I forgot it. I can't believe I'm such an idiot! I called the hotel and they had found it in the room (why didn't they try to contact me??!?!), thank goodness. I called Purolator today and arranged for them to go pick it up, pack it and express ship it to me. But at least I didn't forget it on the way there!

Sorry for digging up this old post but I literally laughed out loud when I read this. I had a similar experience except worse. To minimize wrinkles, I put my suit in the overhead storage on the train instead of in my suitcase. And forgot about it when I was getting off. :eek:. But luckily, I remembered as I was getting off. It almost gave me a heart attack. lol.

Sorry for digging up this old post but I literally laughed out loud when I read this. I had a similar experience except worse. To minimize wrinkles, I put my suit in the overhead storage on the train instead of in my suitcase. And forgot about it when I was getting off. :eek:. But luckily, I remembered as I was getting off. It almost gave me a heart attack. lol.

Interviewer: "I see you're not in a suit."

DM: This is my suit. Did I tell you I model for breaking-edge designer labels? Suits are so constrictive. Let me tell you about that experience...

MED SCHOOL ACCEPTANCE WHAT

I'm out east interviewing at Queen's and Mac this week - just took the bus from Kingston to Toronto yesterday (3 hrs later than planned, since I missed my earlier bus - might have something to do with going out with some Queen's 1st yr meds on Sunday night, but that's another story!). 20 mins after arriving, about 1/2 way to my accommodations in Toronto, I realized the walk was too easy and my stuff was too light - I had my suit, my purse and nothing else - left my suitcase on the bus!

I freaked out for a minute, then hailed a cab back to the bus station. Thankfully the bus hadn't left on its next trip yet!

Not nearly as bad/awesome as RyanMaverick's story, though!

Archived