Premed 101 Forums

Dental school drug testing?

Anyone know if Canadian and American dental schools do drug testing? I've heard that some Med schools do, but I've also heard a lot of stories about wild partying. I haven't read anything to the effect but if anyone had any information, I'd appreciate it :)

this is too funny!

hahaha. I hope they don't test for caffeine :D

I don't think anyone would get in if that were the case.

If they did then most of my class wouldn't have gotten in. HaHa!

Thanks for that, I'm applying to UofM as well, so not only is it super helpful, that's where I heard the rumours from :D

I don't think anyone would get in if that were the case.

Thanks for that, I'm applying to UofM as well, so not only is it super helpful, that's where I heard the rumours from :D

Rumours are from UdeM? really? haha my program is offered by the faculty of medicine so I always chill with the dental students and they never mentioned that before, that's really funny though, it would be hilarious if they asked for a urine sample at the interview :P.

You're applying here? IP, OOP? If OOP which province? I am OOP from Ontario. I decided to come study here since they apparently give bonus points to their students (not confirmed so don't quote me! I heard it from the UdeM dental students :P)

Sorry CDent - that reply was for LivetoDance, I'm applying to the University of Manitoba, IP. I heard from students that the dental students (at least this year's crop) are pretty wild. But I know a few people who wouldn't make it through the interview if they had to take a drug test haha. Also, I think it's mostly easier to get in IP anywhere, or at least they definitely have more reserved spots for IP applicants.

Sorry CDent - that reply was for LivetoDance, I'm applying to the University of Manitoba, IP. I heard from students that the dental students (at least this year's crop) are pretty wild. But I know a few people who wouldn't make it through the interview if they had to take a drug test haha. Also, I think it's mostly easier to get in IP anywhere, or at least they definitely have more reserved spots for IP applicants.

I see haha.

Well you know what they say: work hard play hard! :cool:

Archived