Premed 101 Forums

A little confused (about requirements)

Hi, once again I'm pondering Medical School. The requirements at http://www.ouac.on.ca/docs/omsas/rc_omsas_e.pdf say that I only need one credit in certain subjects, but does that mean only one term (if the university is semestered)? And does that mean that I could just take those courses first year and be done with them, or would I need to take them through out university? Thanks! --So basically I can major in Art and still go to med school? :) Thanks for your input

Hi, once again I'm pondering Medical School. The requirements at http://www.ouac.on.ca/docs/omsas/rc_omsas_e.pdf say that I only need one credit in certain subjects, but does that mean only one term (if the university is semestered)? And does that mean that I could just take those courses first year and be done with them, or would I need to take them through out university? Thanks! --So basically I can major in Art and still go to med school? :) Thanks for your input

I think one credit (ie 1 FCE) is a whole year course (2 semesters). and yes, you can just take them first year and you don't have to take them through out (thank god!). And I definitely know people who were in the arts or engineering or commerce and are now in meds, so it's definintely doable. Good luck!

One credit would mean 2 half-year courses or 1 full-year course. If all their require is one credit, you'd need to take the course for that school year only. It wouldn't have to be done throughout your uni career.

And yeah, for real, you can take an Arts major and get into med school! People get in with History, Music, Economics etc.

One credit would mean 2 half-year courses or 1 full-year course. If all their require is one credit, you'd need to take the course for that school year only. It wouldn't have to be done throughout your uni career.

And yeah, for real, you can take an Arts major and get into med school! People get in with History, Music, Economics etc.

Yup - I have a degree in psych and economics among other things and got in. Actually a large chuck of the class has arts degrees - including this year some amazing music students :)

Yup - I have a degree in psych and economics among other things and got in. Actually a large chuck of the class has arts degrees - including this year some amazing music students :)

Haha, I'm guessing you guys just had Hysteria (or whatever the Western equivalent of Dal's Euphoria is).

Archived