Premed 101 Forums

Summing Up Competition for UWO. Most want to know.

Watcha got?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Watcha got?

• 85-88, < or = 20AA
    • 85-88, 21-22
    • 85-88, 23-24
    • 85-88, = or >25
    • 88-90,< or = 20
    • 89-90, 21-22
    • 88-90, 23-24
    • 88-90, = or >25
    • >90, < or = 20AA
    • >90, 21-22

Ok so, let's face it: Most people want to know their competition. So for those invited to interview at UWO, heres how this works. You answer the poll. Then post whether or not you have a PHd, MSc, HBSc, BSc, etc., etc., or whether you have taken less than a full course load. I think this would allow people to see where they stand before interviews, without being too intrusive on others' files. I know some people do not like giving out their scores, so I think the poll would work best bc I don't think you could see who polled in a certain section. Feel free to participate :)

I will start. I received an HBSc with a full course load.

Edit: Option 6 should be 88-90.

I ran out of room, but if people don't mind posting if they got >90% or >22AA, it would help for the purposes of this poll. Choose an option from below if you fall to within that category.

Option 11. >90, 22-23AA

Option 12. >90, 23-24

Option 13. >90, > or = 25

Expecting to have 88.5%? Don't they take the best two years not including the year you are currently doing?

That is from next year and for interview. For admission, this year they still take a look at the grades for your current year.

As of next year, they will not. I checked that with them when I was applying.

That is from next year and for interview. For admission, this year they still take a look at the grades for your current year.

I did not know this - so this is why we have to send them end of year transcripts, makes sense. Thanks!

If you meet the interview pool cutoff and interview during your last year, they will wait for your final year marks to arrive. IF your final year happens to be one of your best years, then they will use that year in the best two year average calculation. The only condition is that you have to meet the interview cutoff without counting any marks from your current year, they will not count first semester marks of your current year when making interview decisions.

I did not know this - so this is why we have to send them end of year transcripts, makes sense. Thanks!

^

whaaaaat! as of next year they will no longer use the current year marks when making admission decisions???

Hello fellow predents,

For UWO, if 250 (although probably more) applicants are interviewed and 54 (?) of them are given first round of acceptances, then how many are placed on the waiting list? I'm guessing about 54?

Also, my best 2 years average is about 90%, consisting of 5.0 and 4.5 course loads.. how significant will the penalty be? 90% --> 87-88%?

Thanks and good luck everyone! :D

If UWO do take my current year in consideration for best 2 years of GPA when calculating admission points I will be in the >=90 <=20 AA bracket. Currently they have my 89% and 84% top two years, however, should I keep up the same pace this year it looks like it will be around 89-91%

Hello fellow predents,

For UWO, if 250 (although probably more) applicants are interviewed and 54 (?) of them are given first round of acceptances, then how many are placed on the waiting list? I'm guessing about 54?

Also, my best 2 years average is about 90%, consisting of 5.0 and 4.5 course loads.. how significant will the penalty be? 90% --> 87-88%?

Thanks and good luck everyone! :D

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard everyone that interviews gets put in a certain order after the interview. However the waitlist doesnt move anywhere near 30-40 spots. It's what I gathered from other posts in the past. I heard after being invited for an interview, no one gets an official rejection letter. (I may be confused with another school though).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard everyone that interviews gets put in a certain order after the interview. However the waitlist doesnt move anywhere near 30-40 spots. It's what I gathered from other posts in the past. I heard after being invited for an interview, no one gets an official rejection letter. (I may be confused with another school though).

you are confused. people do get rejected

Archived