Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist

smokingbird

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
any idea what the codes on the waitlist letter mean?

mine says 201109-MED-X-XX-EN.docx or XXXX-XXXXX-X-201109-MDCM.

think they're indicative of any sort of rank?

Yeah I have been looking at this one: 201109-MED-X-XX-EN.docx The last two digit number can possibly mean something! Although in my case I truly hope not since the number there is quite high. We shall see, for now I'm focusing on my other apps and crossing my fingers. Good luck to all on the waitlist!

Yeah I have been looking at this one: 201109-MED-X-XX-EN.docx The last two digit number can possibly mean something! Although in my case I truly hope not since the number there is quite high. We shall see, for now I'm focusing on my other apps and crossing my fingers. Good luck to all on the waitlist!

Hey everybody!

I can now safely confirm that the numbers do not mean anything with respect to our rank in the waitlist. I have the same numbers as other people. Sorry for spreading the myth!

Best of luck to all and keep us posted if you get accepted in the meantime! It's not game over just yet some people do get in from the waitlist! :D

The IP waitlist at McGill generally does not move much... however the fact that the MCAT is no longer a requirement means that many more francophone students were likely accepted and may choose one of the french faculties ahead of McGill..... therefore, I would bet there will be more movement than usual this year.

They do waitlist a lot of people, so it is a good idea to call Michel Dansereau and inquire about your rank.

He will not tell you a number because mcgill does not work that way, but he will give you an indication of where you stand.

I was waitlisted and while I did not particularly like hearing what he told me, I was able to put mcgill behind me and move on rather than clinging to some hope of getting a last minute phone call all summer.

A little piece of advice -- you need to catch mr dansereau on a good day. He has been known to be rude or not answer calls.

Best bet is to wait until April when things die down then call and ask politely if you could discuss your status.

Good luck waitlist peeps!

• 2 weeks later...

You can call him and take an appointment with him, but that would wait until June, because he will be very busy with the admissions of the cegep students in med-p. He has your scores for the different stations of the MMI which might also help you if you plan on reapplying next year, since it is the most important aspect in the admission process.

McGill gives a high importance to the interviews, more than your R-Score and letters. There have been people with 31-32 R-Score who got waitlisted after the interviews (and accepted later one) while others with 36-38 got refused after the interviews. So everything's possible!

McGill gives a high importance to the interviews, more than your R-Score and letters. There have been people with 31-32 R-Score who got waitlisted after the interviews (and accepted later one) while others with 36-38 got refused after the interviews. So everything's possible!

Certainly true. Though a high CRC will advantage you plenty in getting that interview.

Hello,

Are all rejected applicants waitlisted or is there a specific number of people on the waitlist....I remember some person telling me that McGill roughly waitlists 30 people....can anyone confirm this?

I am really curious...have u heard of people refused post-interview?

Thanks

I haven't heard about this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if some applicants are rejected after the interviews.

The waitlist usually moves after the acceptation deadline (for those who were accepted).

I don't know for university applicants, but for cegep last year, people got rejected after the interview ( so the waitlist is not unlimited :) )

Still for cegep last year, the waitlist didn't move until 2 weeks after the initial acceptations, which I think was the deadline for those who got accepted.

Archived