Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist

smokingbird

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lol true but i think the numbers there give you a pretty good idea about the movement..it looks like the avg movement is around 30!!! which is pretty good i think:) hope you get it in!

Well in 2008-2009 only 17 people got off the waitlist, but I guess the safe average would be 15.

But if the waitlist has 60 (very likely) people, 15 applicants is not that much. That's why I'm wondering how long the waitlist is and if it keeps moving a little bit during july/august (or maybe all my questions are just making me more nervous:o )

Have you called the admission people? I have seen a couple of threads where people said that if you call them they may tell you your relative position..like if you have a good chance of getting off the list.

Out of curiosity did you get into any of the french schools?

Have you called the admission people? I have seen a couple of threads where people said that if you call them they may tell you your relative position..like if you have a good chance of getting off the list.

Out of curiosity did you get into any of the french schools?

Yeah I think I will try to call them after June 1st so they have time to send most offers. They must be getting a lot of calls already!

No unfortunately I am on the waitlist pretty much everywhere.

On the McGill twitter account it says something about receiving a letter if you're on the waitlist... I didn't get one... anyone got one? or is it just for oop?

Well I got the first one (the one they sent on May 13th) but I did not get the corrected version. We'll probably get it on Tuesday...

Any news from the Quebec-University waitlist? I'm back here after a two month break from PM101 (highly recommend it) and, like many of you, living in waitlist purgatory.

Does anyone know when the deadline is to submit a deposit for UdeM/Laval/Sherbrooke? I'm thinking that's when we might see some kind of movement (assuming that some Francophone students would prefer those schools over McGill)!

Could this be the first year that there is no movement in the IP waitlist? Very disconcerting....

I hope not! Has anyone got information from them? I know they don't like giving out stats or ranks but keeping us waiting like this really sucks. I've pretty much given up hope on them but it would still be nice to know if we stand a chance or none at all. If all the French schools can give ranks and the some Ontario schools give you some idea, why does McGill have to be so mysterious??

Archived